"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, October 15, 2021

Saturday 9: Livin' La Vida Loca


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Go HERE To see the Linkie to other posts..
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Ricky Martin sings that he and the girl dance in the rain. Do you feel like dancing this morning? I can only dance in my head now, but I do love to dance.

2) The lyrics tell us the girl prefers champagne. When did you last enjoy a glass of the bubbly? That would be on New Year's Eve.
 
3) When Ricky first heard "Livin' La Vida Loca," he imagined  the subject of the song was a "Bond girl," the glamorous love interest of James Bond in the movies. Since 1962, there have been more than 20 Bond films. Have you seen any/many of them? Do you have a favorite Bond? Yes, I do have a favorite.  I like Daniel Craig the best.  He seems much more like a true "hitman/secret agent" sort of guy than say, Pierce Brosnan or David Niven.
 
4) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he'd sing in the family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts, what did you use as a microphone? I just sang along with the top forties and all my albums while doing my housework. I never gave impromptu concerts.  But I sang a LOT!  It was very fun! Once, at a rock hound get together, a guitar player and I did duets. That was fun.

5) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How old were you when you received your first paycheck?  I was 11or 12. My brother and I did what's called "Pick up" work at job sites. It means we cleaned up the site and swept away sawdust after the walls were up.  We didn't actually get a check, but a dollar an hour. We also nailed the runner board onto the walls after they were set up and the top plate was on.  Its a board that guides the dry wallers to leave space for the flooring.  Fun work for a little kid, actually.

6) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga? I did Yoga faithfully for about 30 years. Then I stopped because of injuries to my wrist and my leg. I learned from the show, "Lillias, Yoga and You".  She was my one and only teacher.

7) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind? Homemade cheeses.  And a few other things.  Like a billion other people on the planet, I watched Julia Child.  French Onion Soup is spectacular!
 
8) Ricky once had his own restaurant, Casa Salsa, in Miami Beach. Have you ever worked in food service?  Not in a restaurant setting.  I worked at a Dairy Queen to get money to buy my first guitar in the 60's.
 
9) Random question: What is your best quality?  I guess it's that I can keep a secret. I've learned to keep my firmly mouth shut about many things.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



 

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's really delicious. Now I want to make some again...

      Delete
  2. I agree with you completely about Daniel Craig. He is very convincing...not to mention quite yummy to look at. :)
    Oh, I forgot about French onion soup. It's my husband's favorite soup.
    Have a wonderful weekend, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy. I hope yours has been good. And oh, yes, Daniel Craig it's all the high point for me, too.
      Enjoy the week coming up..

      Delete
  3. I am considering a french onion soup for tomorrow, actually. In my instant pot. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will!
      My dd's made some when they came down one Christmas,but they made the vegan version which just didn't taste the same.

      Delete
  4. I bet working at Dairy Queen was fun!!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. It certainly was. And I earned my guitar money! Happy Saturday, and now it's Sunday, so Happy Sunday as well!

      Delete
  5. #9 I have a secret that my cousin told me and I am chomping at the bit to tell my brother, but my cousin told me not to tell.
    Pss! Can you keep a secret?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can. Keep a secret that is. Spill... heehee

      I want to comment on your blog but am running into a wall there. I suspect a colicky little "program" on my end. It is crying Wolf.. The idiot. I'm sending it to the corner to think about it's life. Such a crybaby.

      Delete
  6. French onion soup was a favorite when I was in college

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about the best soup I've ever tasted. There's nothing like it.

      Delete
  7. I loved the food in France--it was all about the presentation, even the simplest meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they have a way with food!
      France is the only country I was champing at the bit to visit, when I had some money. Unfortunately, I never had the money. Lol

      Delete
  8. Dairy Queen would have been a fun job with all of the yummy treats there. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed working there. I was 21 and just the right age to bridge the gap for the sweet tiny woman who was the cook, and the teenagers who also worked there. We had a good time working together.

      Delete
  9. Dairy Queen certainly counts as food service, and buying a guitar is a most excellent reason to have a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, My friend, and it was the only way I was ever going to have my own guitar. My grandfather's guitar went to a cousin who never ever used it. She was the Eldest grand.. 7 months.

      Delete
  10. Lilias, Yoga and You: I remember her from the PBS pledge drives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is/was so good and I'm glad to find her on YouTube. She saved my back and my sanity.

      Delete
  11. My husband loves French onion soup. I can't eat it because of acid reflux. I can understand the keep thy mouth shut! I have improved on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an old Scottish saying (I presume because my Scottish grandma always said it) that goes like this: "Least said,soonest mended". I'm a believer..

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..