"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, September 30, 2022

Saturday Nine: Forever Your Girl.

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Readers wishing to join in should go HERE

And Thank you Sam, for Saturday 9!


Saturday Nine: Forever Your Girl

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Saturday 9: Forever Your Girl (1989)

1) In this song, Paula Abdul tells her boyfriend he's got to remember, she's forever his girl. How's your memory? Do you remember things easily or do you leave yourself notes and reminders? I'm starting to use notes.  But what happens is that I don't even read them. heehee.  
I usually can remember just about everything, but that is starting to change.  Some things just aren't worth remembering. 

2) Paula reassures her lover that she can't be swayed by another man, even if he gave her diamonds or pearls. Tell us about a piece of jewelry that means something to you.
My mother's little wristwatch.  The jeweler rebuilt it and gave me very strict instructions about how to wind it (telling me exactly how to) and telling me not to be wearing it for everyday things.  Mother wore that watch ALL the time and I can only imagine how shocked the jeweler was to find it full of dirt from the garden and other stuff.  It's a little 50 watch and looks majorly cool. Mom kept BIG big Gardens. 
 
3) Paula is best known as one of the original judges of American Idol. Without looking it up, can you recall the men who sat on either side of her? No, sorry.  Didn't watch the show but I have seen a couple of them on YouTube. I've liked the shows I saw, but I'll be darned if I know who was sitting with whom.

This is titled, "Clueless Grannie".  So very ME!

4) Paula has been dancing since age 8 and moves very well in heels. Tell us about your favorite shoes. My favorite shoes are a pair of Clark's Mules.  They have been re-soled and had the lining replaced in them and I don't think they can last much longer. 
 
5) A lifelong dancer, Paula admits she's not a trained singer. For this record, she worked with producer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, who won accolades for his work with singers including Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Toni Braxton and Janet Jackson. Who is your all-time favorite female singer?  She's an opera singer, Beverly Sills.  As far as Country or Pop singers, there are at least two dozen of them - Paula Abdul is one of them -that I think are amazing.  But Beverly Sills is my favorite female singer. 
 
6) She advises young girls to "keep the faith and don't lose your gut instinct." How about you? Are you more logical or instinctive? I call that last thing mentioned , "Emotional Intelligence". I'm sort of balanced in between the two forms of intelligence.  By balanced I mean that I respect both ways of looking at Human Existence and Human interactions. 
 
7) Paula is excited that Richard Branson has chosen her song, "Straight Up" as the theme for his Virgin Galactic Spaceflight company. Would you like to orbit above the earth?  No, I've never wanted to do that.  Earth is so very beautiful to me.  I just want it to outlast man. 

8) In 1989, when this song was a hit, the Sears Holiday Wish Book was big on  bathrobes. Men and women alike were tempted with brightly colored, belted robes with hoods and patch pockets. Tell us about your bathrobe. I don't have one.  I've thought about this for awhile, but never have come up with one that I'd like for a long time.

9) Random question: What do you consider your best quality? Honesty.  Not the Brutal type but one that is tempered with kindness, unless , that is, you are a brutal monster.  Then I wish I could kill with a look.  But that's just me. LOL

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


12 comments:

  1. I really liked my mom's diamond watch. It went to my younger sister since I got the big diamond. But I do remember her wearing it. I am glad my sister has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice that you both have reminders of your sweet Mom. She seems like a truly nice lady. I've been reading your blog. Mother's little watch is plain jane and she obviously never took it off when she was working in her gardens. She grew and planted an amazing half acre garden in front of the houses, and also a huge vegetable garden plot. So, a lot of dirt in that poor little watch!

      Delete
  2. I loved your answer about orbiting the earth. Let's stay here and appreciate what we've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rebuilt watch sounds like a treasure!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your #6 answer about Emotional Intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The watch sounds very cool. And honesty is a good quality to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were fun questions this week and I enjoyed reading your answers. Have a great day,

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..