"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, March 24, 2023

Saturday 9: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Saturday: "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" 

Hear it HERE

1) In this week's song, BJ Thomas sings that he knows it won't be long until he finds happiness. What are you looking forward to today? What's going to make you smile? I'm looking forward to watching a series about a pet Indian elephant tonight. 

2) BJ Thomas met his wife Gloria at a bar. She was there with his drummer, but BJ let his friend know he felt a connection to Gloria and was going to drive her home. BJ and Gloria were married for 50 years, until his death. Have you and a friend ever found yourselves attracted to the same person? If yes, how did you handle it? N.A. 

 3) This song is from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, which has been called "the most entertaining Western ever made." Do you enjoy Westerns?  I like them a lot. But I wouldn't call "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid the most entertaining one I've ever seen.  I'd say it's the John Wayne movie called, "True Grit".  

4) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of the most popular movies Paul Newman made, but he liked to say his "favorite role is philanthropist." He raised an amazing $500 million for children's charities through his Newman's Own brand. The most popular Newman's Own product is salad dressing. What flavor of salad dressing would we find in your kitchen right now?  I've tried Newman's Own and liked it.  I've made our own salad dressings for almost forever, and now DH makes them.  We are sort of stuck in Italy at the moment.... But, I used to make French Dressing, and several other kinds- Caesar, Ranch, Lemon Poppy seed, Honey Mustard, and Russian.  All are delicious, by the way, and all fresh.  Greek dressing with Yoghurt & feta and Tahini Dressing  This one doesn't use maple syrup.  Tahini comes in a jar and lasts a long time but there are other uses for it.  It also makes a sauce with chick peas that is so Yummy! Yes, use the blender if you want.  

5) Burt Bacharach won the first of his three Oscars for this song. Yet 20th Century Fox originally wanted to cut the song from the movie, maintaining that that song and the famous "bicycle sequence" between Paul Newman and Katharine Ross were anachronistic and made the movie too long. Burt and the movie's director George Roy Hill fought for it, insisting that it helped define the optimistic character of Butch. Tell us about a time you were glad you stood your ground.  My mother and mother in law had BOTH told me that they could be "pushed so far".... So I grew up and aged with that sort of attitude.  No one could ever push me too far. 

6) Edith Head also won an Oscar for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. She said that Robert Redford, who played Sundance, presented a wardrobe problem. His jawline is too strong so she had to create special wider-brimmed hats to balance it. If you could magically change one of your physical features, which would you choose? And which feature would you never change?  I would choose to have dimples, like my brother.  And I would change my teeth so that I could have a lovely toothy smile. Braces were never an option in our "poor as church mice" bringing up.  Almost no one got braces back in the 40's and 50's anyway. I can remember only 3 people, in both my Jr. High and High School days, who had them. Two of them were my friends, and were twins.  

7) In 1969, when this song was a hit, The Beatles played their last concert on the roof of Abbey Road Studios. When did you last climb onto the roof?  This is so ODD!  I was just wondering this about four days ago, when it was raining cats and dogs.  I think the last time I climbed up on the roof and spent anytime working there was when I was helping to shingle a new roof.  That was in the mid eighties, I think. Since then it's been re-roofed twice.  I stopped going up there, after I fell in the raised bed, trying to leap to safety, and broke a wrist, in 2003.  But, I loved being up there and seeing sunsets.  But, of course, neither of us go up there anymore at all. 

I used to go there when the mood hit me.  I'm one eighth Scot after all.... I like the Highlands. lol 

8) Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries sold at a brisk pace at Christmastime 1969. They're still popular today. Were you a fan? I read them all when I was kid.  Mother got them for me, used from her sister, who was only 7 years older than I. They are still fun to read, but in all the hubbub and turmoil of "Life with a Brigand", they got "lost among the stars".   

9) Random question: Do you consider yourself old fashioned?  Clothes wise, yes I do.  However, I am sort of timeless, like many other little grey haired Hags, so that aspect of the question is a No.  

Thanks Gal for this fun Meme every week!   

Bye for now! 

No, not my foot.  It's not my snap. I just like the heart.

Readers, Go HERE to see the Linkie for this week's Saturday 9. 



13 comments:

  1. probably not enough time for you to answer this, but where are you seeing the elephant show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered on your blog but then found out it was one single, 40 minute show, on Netflix…booo! 🫢

      Delete
  2. #3 -- Here's one of my favorite jokes: When I’m bored I like to call up Best Western Hotels... When they answer “Hello Best Western...” I shout into the phone True Grit with John Wayne!” and then hang up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of being "timeless" rather than old-fashioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy.. this is zippy. Timeless is a good alternative to being a Crone, Witch, or an Old Hag, true. We can aim for it together..

      Delete
  4. True Grit …liked the original, also lied the remake a few years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! I want to see that remake of “True Grit” then. I’ll poke around the movie sites and grab it.

      Delete
  5. #5...I am kind of like that too. I will go along for a while and if someone tries to take it too far, they will see a different side of me. I hate being like that, but some people are just nasty. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori.. this is Zippi. I’m AFK atm. But I think you for your comment. Oh yes, some people are just downright nasty, and they think it’s ok to be that way. So sad.

      Delete
  6. I would never use the term "hag" to describe you! You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mz CountryDew. This is Zippi. Aw, thank you, my sister of clan McCoy. “Old and Busted” me is grateful for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. I like that sand picture too. I am looking forward to more beach time this summer. I love to feel the warm sand on my feet. I used to climb up on the roof when I was a kid. I tended to get into mischief when I was young and thankfully my mom did not find out until years later. She asked why she was just finding out about it. I told her that I would not be alive if I had told her when I was young! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. The roof is one of my favorite places to be. But, alas.. Age limits our antics, and our fun. And that is a funny story about your mom finding out some of your antics as an energetic youngin' .. lol Thanks for the good wishes, and I hope that you have a great rest of the week also.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..