"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blood Orange Marmalade

 
I finally made some more marmalade, but wasn't counting on the blood orange being one I picked out of the basket. But really, it tastes very good in that microwave marmalade recipe; in fact DH said that he was going to eat a half a jar of it tomorrow morning. I laughed, and he said, "Oh, so you think I'm kidding?"

It sure is purdy lookin. And, yes, that is a sweet pickle jar on the right. I don't think it's sweet smelling lid will hurt the marmalade one bit.

The next thing to try is a little crystallized ginger in the chop. I did use food processor but some of the skins had to be hand sliced. They got away from the uber grater disc. This is three oranges, 2 and 3/4th cup of sugar and cooked in the biggest pyrex bowl for 8 and 1/2 mins on high in my nuker. One stirring session.

This made the two jars and it looked like it would fill three, but it filled just the two- in case you were wondering out there about the amounts etc. Have fun! Any citrus can be done but keep to smaller amounts, or regrets, or just about anything can set in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..