Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Monday, March 27, 2023
Music Monday: Tracy Chapman.....
The first time I heard her sing, I was enchanted. I still am loving this young woman's Diskography.
Friday, March 24, 2023
Saturday 9: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
Saturday: "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head"
Hear it HERE
1) In this week's song, BJ Thomas sings that he knows it won't be long until he finds happiness. What are you looking forward to today? What's going to make you smile? I'm looking forward to watching a series about a pet Indian elephant tonight.
2) BJ Thomas met his wife Gloria at a bar. She was there with his drummer, but BJ let his friend know he felt a connection to Gloria and was going to drive her home. BJ and Gloria were married for 50 years, until his death. Have you and a friend ever found yourselves attracted to the same person? If yes, how did you handle it? N.A.
3) This song is from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, which has been called "the most entertaining Western ever made." Do you enjoy Westerns? I like them a lot. But I wouldn't call "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid the most entertaining one I've ever seen. I'd say it's the John Wayne movie called, "True Grit".
4) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is one of the most popular movies Paul Newman made, but he liked to say his "favorite role is philanthropist." He raised an amazing $500 million for children's charities through his Newman's Own brand. The most popular Newman's Own product is salad dressing. What flavor of salad dressing would we find in your kitchen right now? I've tried Newman's Own and liked it. I've made our own salad dressings for almost forever, and now DH makes them. We are sort of stuck in Italy at the moment.... But, I used to make French Dressing, and several other kinds- Caesar, Ranch, Lemon Poppy seed, Honey Mustard, and Russian. All are delicious, by the way, and all fresh. Greek dressing with Yoghurt & feta and Tahini Dressing This one doesn't use maple syrup. Tahini comes in a jar and lasts a long time but there are other uses for it. It also makes a sauce with chick peas that is so Yummy! Yes, use the blender if you want.
5) Burt Bacharach won the first of his three Oscars for this song. Yet 20th Century Fox originally wanted to cut the song from the movie, maintaining that that song and the famous "bicycle sequence" between Paul Newman and Katharine Ross were anachronistic and made the movie too long. Burt and the movie's director George Roy Hill fought for it, insisting that it helped define the optimistic character of Butch. Tell us about a time you were glad you stood your ground. My mother and mother in law had BOTH told me that they could be "pushed so far".... So I grew up and aged with that sort of attitude. No one could ever push me too far.
6) Edith Head also won an Oscar for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. She said that Robert Redford, who played Sundance, presented a wardrobe problem. His jawline is too strong so she had to create special wider-brimmed hats to balance it. If you could magically change one of your physical features, which would you choose? And which feature would you never change? I would choose to have dimples, like my brother. And I would change my teeth so that I could have a lovely toothy smile. Braces were never an option in our "poor as church mice" bringing up. Almost no one got braces back in the 40's and 50's anyway. I can remember only 3 people, in both my Jr. High and High School days, who had them. Two of them were my friends, and were twins.
7) In 1969, when this song was a hit, The Beatles played their last concert on the roof of Abbey Road Studios. When did you last climb onto the roof? This is so ODD! I was just wondering this about four days ago, when it was raining cats and dogs. I think the last time I climbed up on the roof and spent anytime working there was when I was helping to shingle a new roof. That was in the mid eighties, I think. Since then it's been re-roofed twice. I stopped going up there, after I fell in the raised bed, trying to leap to safety, and broke a wrist, in 2003. But, I loved being up there and seeing sunsets. But, of course, neither of us go up there anymore at all.
I used to go there when the mood hit me. I'm one eighth Scot after all.... I like the Highlands. lol
8) Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries sold at a brisk pace at Christmastime 1969. They're still popular today. Were you a fan? I read them all when I was kid. Mother got them for me, used from her sister, who was only 7 years older than I. They are still fun to read, but in all the hubbub and turmoil of "Life with a Brigand", they got "lost among the stars".
9) Random question: Do you consider yourself old fashioned? Clothes wise, yes I do. However, I am sort of timeless, like many other little grey haired Hags, so that aspect of the question is a No.
Thanks Gal for this fun Meme every week!
Bye for now!
|No, not my foot. It's not my snap. I just like the heart.|
Readers, Go HERE to see the Linkie for this week's Saturday 9.
Thursday, March 23, 2023
Three on Thursday.
1. HERE is ( that is a link) a site that lets you listen to bird song with a twist. Both visually and auditorily. It is supposed to be good for you. As a birder, I can tell you that it is good for me, and I hope you will find it good for you.
2. I am at THIS stage of life: Points downward...👎
The original Poster of that saying was of an Orangutan, and he sort of had his finger in his mouth, as well as very dreamy look on his face. I used to have him up on the wall in my sewing room. When I looked at him, it made me glad that I'd gone into crafting, little human "sitter" that I am.
3. I've found that reading books by Jane Smiley can come with surprises unrevealed by their titles. Yes, I am reading her book, A Dangerous Business. This should carry a warning, for children under 18 and little old ladies over 60. And, it will definitely be banned by the Harper Valley PTA! Mon Dieu! It is a rather daring and scandalous "must read" for shockable little old ladies. heehee
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
The link BELOW takes you to the fascinating article about the Coalition project to save the California Desert Tortoise’s out there in the back of beyond. The Marines are even joining up!
Semper Fi! ✋🏻🤙🏻💪🏻🥰
Monday, March 20, 2023
Music Monday: Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful of Sunshine (Official Video)
Sunday, March 19, 2023
The Newest Republican Secret Weapon:
|It's Marjorie Taylor Greene,shooting off her big mouth! Read all about it! |
The WHOLE ROMAN CIRCUS has come to your town!