"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Three on Thursday…

I'd like to send up a BIG Thank you all for reading here.  Blogging helps keep me going- and out of trouble, mostly - in Instagram and other social media.  

This blog, knitting, and reading like a maniac have helped me to keep my sanity in the face of a world that is about to erupt into World War Three.  

1. I've been thinking a lot about how lies become the truth, if told often enough over time.  Countries do this all the time to avoid having to face the consequences of their "creative narrative" for their origin, and to support their subsequent actions to maintain the myths.  They are still lying.  

So many people believe these weavers of a certain "origin story" that they can get away with murder down future decades and even centuries.  They forget that there is a God who hears all and knows everything done, much of it IN his name.  

2.  Here is something completely different.  A photograph of the surf along the Pacific coast which was made by a family member.  I find it comforting and healing for my soul.  The Eternal Ocean.... 

Coast of California - Monterey Bay

3. I'm struggling with my knitting ..  Actually I haven't knit for nearly a year now.  I'm hoping to change that by starting another project soon.  It will be a pair of Short Fingered Gloves for the chemo-therapy patients in Santa Cruz.  I really have to settle down and do something that will help me feel better.  

2 comments:

  1. I too, have been in a knitting rut. All I seem to knit are dishcloths, although I still peruse patterns and pick out yarn. I'm hoping that now that I am settling in at my new apartment and making it my home, I'll get my mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some beautiful dishcloth patterns out and about. I'm partial to that round one with little points, myself.
      I'm glad to know that you are settling in after all that happened. And that you are getting back to the knitting. A couple of my kids had that happen, a sixty day notice after 7 or 8 years or so living in one place. And they still haven't found a good substitute due to the sky high rents of central coast....

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..