"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, August 31, 2014

How about that blogging? Sunday Stealing

Look for the linkie to this fun meme on the sidebar.  It's called Sunday Stealing.

August 30, 2014
Blogging Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Let's go!!!

From FYeahSurveys

  Blogging Meme


What kind of blog do you have? My blog started out as a knitting record, but since I've got a dozen full blown obsessions with political outrage and arts and crafts, as well as having been a seamstress for a while (for real money!) it grew like topsy!

How many posts do you have? Not sure but I I'll go look.  It's 3,453, and this one will make 3,454, had to go check.... In the first month I posted ONCE!  Lol!  That's a little over 10 years.

How many blogs do you follow? I follow right around 250 blogs.

How many followers do you have? 56 that I know of.  I know there are other readers from other feeds, like Feedly and Feed Burner and others.

How often do you change your theme? Well, my header changes seasonally, and sometimes just for a big Hols like Christmas, Easter,  or Thanksgiving.  Always for Valentine's Day.  This did start out as a knitter's blog but soon branched out in a most alarming way, and now flowers and interesting things we've done with our friends and family gets included, as well as some bare knuckle stuff but that's in the past for me.  

How often do you change your icon?
I've probably changed it twice; the first was a tine frog on a pot, but now it's that black and white kitty holding hearts.

Do you have any favorite blogs? I literally have 250 favorites.  Every one of them that I read, to be honest.  Blogs are my hobby reading.  Yes, Wendy, I am still compiling a list of ten more blogs, having four more - so far - after the initial five.  It's getting there!  I'll post them all under the button in the side bar for easy access.  I'm trying to get people from every corner who inspire me, from quilting to outdoorsmen to butterfly sites.  Smorgasbord!

Do you ever send anonymous messages to other people? Usually no.  In fact, I created a Wordpress blog in order to be able to comment on WP friends' blogs.  But I did read a bunch of exchanges in Woodworker's Magazine that were political and that one burnt my ears.  Whoooo!  Those guys know how to fight!

Do you ever get anon hate? 
 Oh yes, during the big to do about managed care I was a very outspoken proponent of Universal Healthcare.  During that time I acquired a troll whom I had to put on ignore.  He claimed to be a doctor but I'm sure he was just a hired gun.  Those DC Lobby Money Bags attacked any blogger, no matter how small, willing to make a peep!   I had a great time blandly restating the facts he was ignoring.  It was fun while it lasted.  Good the Irish up, Y'know?  ;o)


Have you made any friends through your blog? Yes, I have many people that I feel are my friends through blogging, and have met about three of them.  Well, it's not about three; it is three.  duh... it's late m'friends!

What’s your favorite thing about blogging? I love the feeling of being part of what is sometimes called The Family of Man that goes on in blogging.  People from all over the world are into blogging and you can talk to them about shared interests and all.  It's GRAND!

What’s your least favorite thing about blogging?I'd have to say that it's the way that Google has changed Blogspot.  This thing about intergrating the google+ blog comments to this blog is a nightmare.  I just can't figure it out, and this is on top of some other changed that meddled with my ailerons.   I like a smooth flight!

What is your least favorite thing about blogging?  
Finding that some of my favorites have been pulled down.  It could be for any number of reasons but it makes me worry about the blogger.
Have a great Sunday Everyone.  This will post at midnight to stop mass confusion among my readers. 

14 comments:

  1. No worries Zip....trying to pick just a few out of so many is a difficult task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. I still have to notify the newer ones.

      Delete
  2. Another old timer! At over 10 years, you've been at this nearly as long as me. My stats are different, though, because I've gone through a few different phases in life during the period and I always recreated my blog to go with it. This latest incarnation feels like it might be the final one. I'm very comfortable in it. Anyway, those Google changes are why I switched to Wordpress and my own domain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stacy, I've been plugging away for 10 years in May of 2014. Glad you found a permanent home at WP. So, greetings Old Timer!

      I was going to switch to Wordpress but just don't have the guts or the time to do it. Thinking my way through some of the new gadgets I acquired when the old cell phones died has proven to me that I'll stay here where I am, and make it work. I have a domain that is doing nothing, but it's for etsy. I have to figure out what to do with it! lol

      Delete
  3. I have not migrated my blog over to Google +, and won't until they force me. And at that point I may very well look for a different blogging platform, depending on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CountryDew, Google+ is working for me, but I had tried to integrate comments from there to my blog, and found out I didn't like it or understand what it did so ripped that feature out. There is a "pages" feature that I'm trying to figure out but probably will not use, too. I'm not a wizkid anymore and staid and set in my ways. But there is so much here that migrating it seems daunting.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, I agree that it bugs me when a blog I follow abruptly ends and disappears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kwizgiver, yes, it's scary because usually it's something unhappy when a long time blogger vanishes. Some have just stopped blogging because they went to facebook, though, so I don't get as disturbed now. I'm there but well hidden.

      Delete
  5. "Blog deaths" (whether death of the blog or of the blogger) are the worst, especially when you have invested years in the life of this person. I have put a link to my husband's e-mail address on Funny the World so that if I suddenly "disappear" anyone who wonders why can write to him and ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, what a great Idea! I think it's such a good idea. Anyone can also email me and Mr. Z will see it. It's a heck of a way to find out though, but better than not knowing at all!

      Delete
  6. I remember once getting hate comments when I posted political stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems, Harriet, that it goes with the territory, but you can put them on ignore even if they are posting anonymously if you ID them. I don't do politics per se, but so many things, like healthcare, got politicized. I'm just sick and tired of the Money Bags who go through the revolving doors at the White House. They use our money to make boat loads of money on their hidden schemes and we pay them for the privileged access to our huge pile of dough. It makes me mad.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries when a blog I like reading disappears! Sometimes I wonder if I get too invested ... :P but I really want to know that people are okay and when they disappear without warning and lose all contact then I worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I have someone whom I loved a lot, who just quit posting and she is young. So, there is a way to find out about me. DH will post here, or you can email me. I try to wade through all the spam this gets me, and look for peeps I know, so be sure to make your title something I'd see?

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..