"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday, and.....Something fun for readers and their Ilk.

Five Minute Friday

This time I mean to have it right.  The topic is Worship, I think.  If it's not, I'll tag on another word after this one later on tonight if it's posted- or maybe I won't.  I cannot find the Linkey anywhere on the page linked above, and if I can't, I will probably never do this again.

"Ever in the Presence" is a life that I've been trying to build for myself.  The goal is to stand and work, sleep and play, and always be in the Presence of the Supreme Being.   It has given me a calmness that I knew when I was very small, when only my grandparents and mother were my world.  It reminds me to treasure the gentleness of my DH and my daughters, and to share in the the fun that they create just by being themselves. 
Being a Quaker has changed me forever but I've actually been baptized three times! Once as a baby, and then when I was about 7 in a neighborhood church. But, when I told my father, he was enraged!  Such an terrible man.
Then, when I was 26 and  my sister was 18, we were baptized by members of another church.  We were baptized in the Bay, late at night, and the water was phosphorescent!  It was like a dream!  But when we first attended Sunday Service there, we were told that women could not speak in their church; something from the Bible, they said.   So, then I went right back to being a Quaker, by Conviction.   I will stay there.

.. that's my 5 Minute Friday on Worship.


Next, some fun:  This is fun to do, it's for readers of all kinds.


Please include attribution to Laura E. Kelly with this graphic. (Click to view at original large size.)

What Species of Reader Are You?--Infographic

Visit Laura-e-Kelly.com for more about books, reading, and authors.

I'm still figuring out where I stand, but seem to be somewhat a Free Range, Compulsive and Prestige reader.   Well, actually I read mostly non fiction, to "find things out", and then Mysteries also to find out "who done it", and follow some favorite authors who are not mystery writers with the avidity of a blood hound. 

So, go have some fun.

 I stole this from Musings of a Book Mammal.  That blog opened a can of worms a completely enormous world for me.  Thank you!   Where will I find the time to knit or wash my hair now?

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. The word today is she, but you could fit that in easy on your beautiful post. Your day lily photo is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I just got here a little late in the day, 5:30, and maybe NEXT time I'll actually get it completely right! lol. Thank you for your comments and compliments for the day lily. It's a pink dwarf one that comes up every year if we protect it from the tortoises' hungry mouths!

      Delete
  2. I saw you on the linky! I hope you had fun with it. I was excited when your name caught my eye as I was skimming. It seems that you have landed in the best place for you in your faith. I hope that is all our Father asks of us in terms of choosing a religion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Rabia! I went for the butterfly but I'll look for you, too, next time. And yes, from all that I've read and watched from or about persons who have had near death experiences, it is love and love alone that judges us. After all, He, who knows of what we are made, is our loving judge.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..