"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, September 5, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Whisper

The button that takes you to the rules, there are only a couple, and the prompt word for the week is in the side bar.  It's pretty, and you can't miss it.

We write, Flat out and no stopping for grammar, punctuation, or spelling, flat out for five minutes using the prompt word for inspiration. 

Whisper:

Our doggie doesn't like it when we whisper.  He gets nervous.  It's probably something in the distant and painful past of his first five years.  We think that it's partly because the dog catchers couldn't get their hands on him until he was asleep but he always got away so the ended up sneaking and whispering around him for a long time, until he was literally starving to death.  So, we do avoid whispering around him.  It must be terrifying to him.  He has post traumatic stress syndrome, since every nervous system in a mammal is hypersensitive to stress over time.

Some people say that feathers are whisper soft along the edge.  Some are, but some feathers can cut.  Also, Owls have special edges on their flight feathers that makes their flight totally silent!  An owl flew right over my head one twilight evening as I sat on a long, sloping hill, and I didn't even see it until it's silhouetted shape appeared in the dusk in front of my head. 

Sometimes I think I hear whispers in the wind.  I love that sort of wind.  It reminds me that God is closer than breath.   Listening is the key word for this year, so I listen for whispers.  In the desert, it is so quiet that you can hear the wind gusts coming from some distance.  They also sound like whispers.  I'm sure that is why the prophets went out into the desert to commune with God.

end






2 comments:

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..