"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, June 12, 2015

The Philosophical Sandwich of Socrates? - Friday5 MeMe

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

1.A sandwich is usually some kind of ingredients between slices of bread, but what’s a great sandwich that has no bread at all?  
Are you speaking of a burrito? Is a tortilla considered bread?  Perhaps you are thinking of a veggie wrap, of lettuce leaves with filler ?  Those are pretty good.  If you are referencing something like insulation- as a tricky crossword setter might do -  then  I'd say that is a great sandwiching of layers - not tasty, but great. 

2.A salad is generally thought of as a mixture of fresh greens, but what’s a great salad whose main ingredients are not veggies? 

 A fruit Salad, one of the most yummie salads of all!  
From Dave's Deli, New York

3.Juice is usually the liquid squeezed from a fruit or vegetable. What’s a juice you enjoy that isn’t?  

The only thing I can think of, that I used to enjoy, is made from the juice of a member of the cactus family.  That cactus is an Agave, and the juice ends up as Tequila.  
Source


4.Milk is usually the food that a mammal produces for its young. How do you feel about milk alternatives that aren’t animal-produced? 

 I like all soy products, from Tofu to Frozen stuff.  Sometimes I long for the good old days of extra rich ice cream cones, but if I distract myself a little, that mood soon passes.

5.A staple is usually some food that forms the basic constituent of a cultural diet. What’s a staple in your diet that doesn’t exactly fit that definition?  

You have me stumped here.  I can't think of a thing.  Well, there is oat flour, and rice flour and agave nectar that we use in tea, and in the place of honey- sometimes.

Thanks for participating, and have a fantastic weekend!  

Come play the meme with us?.. button in the side bar..a sleeping baby mammal with a teddy bear...

4 comments:

  1. I thought this was a tough week. I had to work hard to answer some of them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was tough, but also very interesting, too. I'm so glad that this MeMe is still with us! If it goes down, I feel a little anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Meme. Too much for me to think about on an early Sunday morning LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sunday Stealing? We do it on Saturday night, and then I just go back and reset the date after it's published. Tricky me! lol

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..