"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday5: And what did you do time for, dear?

Friday 5 for July 10: Hard Time


Forgot to mention it last week and the week before, but the final Friday in June marked the end of nine years of doing this! We are now three weeks into year ten.  

I'll speak my mind.

This may be as hard to read as it was to write, because I loath the prison system in the United States. It's one of the worst in the civilized countries, and maybe that's why we are so very good at keeping that Misery going in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba,  and other "interrogation facilities" in various countries. You should fear them. As Americans,, they sully our reputation of a Sense of Fairness and Justice for all.. The whole thing is just sickening.

1. What’s the story of someone you know who has spent time in prison?
A kid I knew, one of the sweetest and happiest kid on earth,, did time for killing his wife after she got involved with drugs and gangstas and turned his life into hell.  Very bad scene.  Breaks you're heart.


2. What is the most official trouble you’ve ever been in?
You will find this hard to believe but I've never been in trouble.  Yes, I know, with my big mouth an'all. Whoodathunkit?  I obey the law as long as it doesn't go all dumbass on me.  Then I'll march.  Now I'd probably do that in a wheel chair.
3. What’s the last program you binge-watched?
That would be, "Big Bang Theory" but after that we rationed things because that sort of behavior doesn't pay off.  It's like eating ALL the Halloween candy THAT night!
3. What would be good prison nicknames for a few people you know?
What's with all the slammer questions.  You FBI or something??  OK, I'll play: Two DDs could be called ,"The Professors"  My friend, M, could be "The Diplomat", and friend, D, could be called "Fingers", because she's so good on the piano.  I'll be "Butterfly", well, because I never saw an environmental movement I didn't like.

Mastroianna and Hart Cartoon.  Perfect fit!
  

4. Of the usual prison jobs (library, electrical shop, laundry, cafeteria, gardener, clerical, etc.), which would you ask to be assigned to? Feel free to be creative!
I want to be in the detail that gets to train pound dogs to make them adoptable.  Otherwise put me in the garden or the kitchen because I like Shovels, digging forks and knives, and I also want to know what I'm going to be eating.  
And "Merd" to Laundry! Also,  I'll leave the clerical jobs to the high flying accountants who got caught with their fingers IN the till.   

I'll be creative now.  Someone just got exonerated from Angola.  He spent decades behind bars because of  liars on the stand, and very poor lawyers.  He lived 16 months after getting out, and died of cancer that went undetected in prison.  If anyone cares, there's a documentary about Angola Prison on Netflix.

Thanks for participating, and have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I just finished reading "The Silent Gift" recommended by Paula. Part of the story took place in a prison where the Mom was unjustly incarcerated and spent time in the "swamp" aka laundry room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me about that. I'll put it on the must read list.

    When prisons were privatized, they simply got worse. Angola is very old. It's run like a plantation, which it formerly was. Reform has to come to keep innocent people out of this for-profit system. Kid's prisons have become quite popular, sadly.













    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. ;-) Have a great Weekend, but then, it's summer so you are basking in time off! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the Captcha?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took the tham ding off! Someday I'll figure this thing out. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..