"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday5 - Musical this week. Come play! It's fun!

Friday 5 for August 7: La La La La La La La


Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5. Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

Long-time (and even short-time) participants in the Friday 5 pretty much know that my two favorite topics to ask questions about are food and music. And I’ve had a pretty good music-filled week, so here are five questions inspired by that.

What’s your favorite song about a specific city?
"Chicago"
What’s your favorite song about a real, historical figure?
I don't know how close to reality they sail, but the song from the movie, "True Grit", is one I've always liked.  Other than that I can't remember any song that's specifically about a real historical figure.

What are your favorite song and favorite group (or solo artist) from the classic Motown era?
Probably Marvin Gaye.  And of that discography, the song, "How Sweet it is to be loved by you". 

What’s your favorite song by a musician (or band) you really dislike?
I don't dislike the sounds of any of the musicians I've ever heard (besides Rappers).  "Black Dog" is a song I dislike immensely from Led Zeppelin, which I generally like.  "Black Dog" was  the flip side to "Stairway to Heaven".  Go figure!  

What’s your favorite song with the word “song” in its title?
"Song Sung Blue" by Neal Diamond, and you can't just ever do only one.  So, "Annie's Song" is right up there, though it has some serious key issues.

Thanks for participating, and have a musical weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..