"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, December 31, 2021

Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day (1991)

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
 


 
Saturday 9: The Promise of a New Day (1991)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
Warning: There are a lot of Debby Downer post elements!
 

 That said, Happy New Year to everyone!

1) In this song, Paula Abdul celebrates the promise of a new day. Here at Saturday 9, we're celebrating the promise of a new year. What do you hope 2022 will bring?  More Peace and less war. 
 
Since we succeeded in igniting another war that we then ultimately lost, I do so I wish for more Peace.  
 
With that Boogie man/woman, "Mother" Russia trying to re-assert its power over the Black Seaports, like Odessa, we will see what we shall see.  I think I hate power mad male humans on the whole.
 
2) She sings that we should see the wisdom from mistakes of the past. What wisdom did you gain in 2021?  Seeing as I have lost my mind, I don't think I've actually GAINED in wisdom. So, the score is, Zip for Zippi. 
 
3) What is something you'd like to spend more time doing in 2022?  Let's see: I would like to be Eating more comfort foods, like lasagna, and knitting a WHOLE LOT MORE.  Also, I want to be reading History, Mysteries, Dog stories, and Tomes about Indian families getting their kids married off.  I want to read all of that while learning to encant spells, practicing black magic sacrifices, and um...eating chocolate from See's?
 
4) Paula Abdul was once a "Laker Girl" and performed at L.A. Laker games. Do you have a favorite NBA team?  I like the Boston Celtics, and the Lakers, that's two.  Well, that's not so surprising since I do have a split personality.
 
5) In 2009, she hosted RAH!, an elite cheer leading competition.  Do you remember any cheers from your school years?  A couple, since I went to high school in two places, 
I do like the Aztecs' one the best though: 
"Aztecs, Aztecs, 
Sis boom Bah! 
Mark Keppel High School, 
Rah Rah Rah!" 
Also:
"Maroon and White! Fight! 
Maroon and White! Fight!
Fight Maroon and White! 
Maroon and White, Fight! Fight!"
 It all seems a little silly now but we put everything we had into those cheers back in the day....
 
The Terriers cheers  just didn't move me, even a little bit.  

6) While famous for performing, Paula has arguably been more successful for her work behind the scenes, winning an Emmy for her choreography. Are you comfortable being the center of attention? Or would you rather work behind the scenes?  About Paula.... It's a shame that she doesn't sing anymore, but I get it.  She IS a great dancer.  
 
Me? I'd much rather work behind the scene. I really don't like to be the center of attention.  Maybe "Close to the center", but not, "all eyes upon me" in the center.
 
7) She taught actor Val Kilmer how to dance for his role as Jim Morrison in the biopic The Doors. What talent, knowledge or advice have you recently shared?  I don't really share advice anymore.  Maybe if I were a big success, had finished college and gotten to be the teacher I wanted to be, I'd feel like there was a talent, or useful knowledge or advice to share.  Getting mad at politicians and making voodoo dolls of them to torture is a skill that's sort of hard to share, or even talk about. You know?

8) Paula was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2005 and uses a prescription biologic every day to help her cope with pain in her toes. On your last trip to the drug store, did you pick up a prescription, or something else?  I'm truly sorry to hear that she is afflicted.  My aunts had that and it's a horrible disease.
My last trip to the Drugstore, I picked up a flu shot. And some hair clips. Which reminds me.........

9) Random question: You have been house-hunting for months. You finally find your dream home and are just about to say "yes" when you spot a mouse scurrying across the floor. Would you take the house anyway?  Mice are potential pets.  I'd take the house anyway and just domesticate the girls and put the boys outside. I actually had a pet field mouse so they really are adorable to me. 
Oh yes...
 
Happy New Year!  
But, As one of my male high school friends screamed into the midnight sky on this day in the late 50's, "It's going to be just as bad as the last one, Suckers!!"
 
Readers:  Want to see more of the gang?  
Go HERE 
Thanks Sam!  This is always fun! 
 


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 

8 comments:

  1. Your high school friend's exhortation reminds me of something Dorothy Parker said to a friend: "Come over right now and explain to me why they are having another year."

    More lasagna is a wonderful, worthy goal!

    Happy New Year, Madame Zip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy Parker was such a smart cookie! A vera, Ma Amica! Lasagna e vino! Wheee!

      Delete
  2. Black magic? White magic works just as well and is not as bloody. :-) Happy New Year, Zippi. May it be a blessed one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! I fixed the problem of not being able to answer you by not using Firefox. I'll have to research this thing further.
      White Magic it is, then! I don't like having to clean blood off ANYTHING! heehee. Thanks for the Blessed year Wishes. I wish them back for you and yours!

      Delete
  3. Yes to #6 and being near the center of attention. Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Being the center of attention is like getting a choke hold from someone, at the same time that they tie my tongue to the roof of my mouth. Ja...

      Delete
  4. I am usually so positive, but I do not have good thoughts about this year. I really hope I am wrong. I am positive it will be really good for others. I am concerned about my mom and covid getting to her. Maybe she will get vaccinated. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend and Happy New Year 2022! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes, Lori. Right back to ya on that.♥♥♥

      And, I can't blame you for being so concerned for the future. Having a loved one who just will not get the jabs is going to make for some pretty negative thoughts. I'm sorry she won't. Now, the little kids are starting to get sick. This is just so wrong and so stupid.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..