"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, November 25, 2022

Saturday 9: "Two Black Cadillacs": Carrie Underwood

 


 

Saturday 9: Two Black Cadillacs (2011)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is about two women who share a very dark secret. Are you good at keeping secrets? I am very good at keeping secrets.

2) Carrie Underwood's favorite author is Stephen King. In fact, she credits King's Christine as an inspiration for this song. Have you read much Stephen King, or seen movies based on his books? I've only read one that I can remember, and that was Cujo

Gah!  Once, at a camp ground, a Ginormous FUZZY dog came up behind my back and tried to get around me to sniff my tiny puppy Jasper's butt.  I yelled to my hubby, "Cujo!" and swooped Jazzie up into the air over my head.  Jazzie weighed all of 2 pounds. lol

3) Carrie first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. Crazy Sam takes at least one round-trip flight every year and pays using the miles she accumulated from credit card purchases throughout the year. Do you try to earn miles, points, or cash back when you make purchases?  I'm not the flying type, so no.  I mean I do fly, but it's rare.  I'm not afraid to do it, I just no longer go anywhere on a plane.

4) Black is this week's signature color because November 25 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping?  No, not yet.

5) Black Friday began as a local event initiated by store owners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. When you think of Philadelphia, what comes to mind?  I think of  our Constitution, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams.  That's what Philadelphia stands for in my mind.  I think both those men are probably spinning in their graves about now.  But that's just me....😉

6) Black Friday always comes after Thanksgiving, a day of feasting. What was the best dish at your holiday table this year?  Hands Down.. it's home made Cranberry Sauce! Or is it the pies??  My sweet tooth actually comes in to play around the holidays, a bit, not much, but a bit.

7) Thanksgiving is also a big day for watching football. Did you watch any games?  Sometimes if we go to SIL's for the meal I do.  Who's Playing.. let me find out..... welllllll   I guess the question should be, "Who ISN'T playing?"! 

8) What are you thankful for this year?  All the usual suspects.. but also that I don't wake up some morning and find that I'm finally dead?  Then I would be happy I think to go Haunt the living Hell out of certain politicos, Yes?  heehee

9) Random question: You're in a public restroom and have a choice between paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which do you choose?  Either is good enough for me.  But not one of these hideous towel roller thinga.. eeeeee

Thank you Sam, and I hope that you are enjoying your more relaxed life now. (((hugs)))

Reader's please go to Sam's blog HERE and go down to the linkie to see other Niner's offerings.  Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving, and that you didn't get trampled at the Black Friday Sales.  

 

I am SO Doing my Black Friday shopping this way...

 

 Tata!  

10 comments:

  1. I forgot about those towel roller things. How nasty! Yes I’m thankful also to wake up each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Movie, "Milagro Beanfield War", when the oldest resident in Milagro goes out to pump his water for coffee, he says, "Thank you, God, for giving me another day.". That's what I say when I wake up alive now, too!

      Delete
  2. I am happy to see your Christmas-y header!
    And yes, I think that our forefathers would be shocked and saddened by what's going on. Storming the Capitol, trying to reverse a Presidential election ... It's appalling and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the new header. It's made from a photo of our white tree.

      And, I hear you about the Storming of the Capitol. Yes, appalling and heartbreaking, the unrepentant attitudes. It's sad to realize that after they caused the deaths of two policeman who thought they had failed in their duty to protect American Congress personnel, and gravely injured another, there wouldn't be some very harsh consequences. Instead we eventually got over a half a year (and counting) of Sass-Back from insurrectionists who should OBVIOUSLY have been reconsidering their actions. I'm shocked at the attitudes!

      Delete
  3. Those towel roller things are so gross. I haven't seen one in a while. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, They really ARE gross. I'm glad that they have been going awaaayyy! Hope you are enjoying your long weekend.

      Delete
  4. I loved your answers--especially about the Founders rolling in their graves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can really see some of them spinning, especially Adams. Jefferson did have a very dismissive attitude about the way that Native Americans were being treated, but he admired his slaves. That's totally wrong in the first part and hypocritical in the second, so maybe Jefferson slept through it all. heehee

      Delete
  5. I agree, our forefathers would be distraught over the current state of things. Or maybe not, since a lot of them would be considered bigots and racists in this day and age. Hard to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were. Virginia was a state that "imported" a lot of slave labor so Jefferson probably would only be a little perturbed by the riotous behavior in the capital city. True. I think I'll ask him about that if I run across him in the afterlife. ;-) you know....Watch him squirm. lol

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..