"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Elann Yarns and pattern

Did I do this already? Ha! I'm meeting myself coming and going. Mutter,mutter... Waiting for workmen is not good for mentation!


I think I'll go knit some socks but for right now, despite the grainy ugly picture, isn't this little hat lovely? That yarn is white, of course, and a delicious pink, although it shows up as a sort of orange sherbet pastel! it's a true and lovely pink.

I want to make two hats that are warm. My daughter made me a very soft blue and purple highlighted hat that's very warm and cozy, and I'm hoping these two turn out like that one. Maybe I'll knit a soft mohair of white or pink in with the angora. I have white, at least, in Kidd.  The pink might take some exploring of yarn shops.

Last night, feeling the need to escape, we watched two Men in Black movies and had raw veggies, beer and popcorn for supper. Sometimes you just have to break out and be a little wild, you know? Otherwise you would soon leave for the quickly disappearing Pacific Northwest Rain forests and nail yourself to a tree or something to keep it from being clear cut and sent to Japan or Korea as a log.

My sister, brother (who is visiting) , DH and I went looking for some Douglas fir to replace an overhang, and what is sold here is trash. We get the trash, m'love. Go figure. Wow, this became a "Forest Forever!" rant. I'll stop now and go knit. Ta!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of aggravating to look for supplies for DIY house projects - most of the time the offerings are poor quality. However yarn quality gets better all the time, so I'll do that instead ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ellen. Oh yes, it's very aggavating. What is now Premium isn't even that good, here. It's hard for furniture and instrument makers to find good American hardwoods, for instance. Bah!

    Anyway, as you say, yarn quality is amazingly good. We really have a generous supply of great yarns compared to late last century. I just must stop buying it. At least the kids knit and crochet and can take it off their Daddy's hands if it's not all gone when I kick.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..