"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Coming Home, to Amish Hell?... Sunday Stealing

September 20, 2014


Alphabetty 2

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from. We also provide a link to the victim's meme in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
Let's go!!!

From Pepperstrings

Alphabetty 2

A) What does the last text you sent say? And to whom?

 It doesn't say anything, a little heart eyed smilie that implies "You're Welcome", and it was to a friend. 

B) What does the last text you received say? And from whom? 
My friend told me thank you.
C) What time do you wake up most mornings? 
4 am, and if I'm lucky I get back to sleep again.
D) Are you afraid of walking alone at night? 
I will walk some places alone at night.  My neighborhood, no.  Lots of through traffic from God Only knows where.
E) What do you do to relax at the end of a stressful day? 
Watch a comedy on Netflix, and then go to sleep.  Sometimes we watch "Law and Order" but sometimes that's a mistake. hehe
F) Where did your last kiss take place and with whom? 
Yesterday, with Mr. Z  
This page has printable things for Hershey's Kisses.

G) Do/did you get into trouble a lot at school? 
I was pretty frank with my teachers at one point.  I don't think it got me into trouble; it did get me some respect.  Times were changing, and they knew what they were doing was not ethical nor was it morally supported in a diverse society.  Martin Luther King and all that... you know.. that stuff.
H) Do you enjoy your job? If unemployed, are you content being so? 
I'm very happy to be permanently retired.
AARP

I) Do you often pick up on double entendres and innuendos? 
In this way I'm a total bone head.  I've only gotten better at it in old age which didn't help much when I was young and being hit on by married men!
J) Have you ever been offered drugs but declined? 
No, so I've never had to decline.  I can't even smoke cigarettes without gagging.  Anyway, when we moved here, the drug local teenage dealer's parents thought we were into selling but it was their own son.  We apparently got blamed for a lot of stuff, probably because I wore bib pants and DH had a beard.  We *gasp* grew a vegetable garden!  I'm still not sure I like it here, frankly. Maybe they thought we were Amish or maybe Mennonite??  We rode bicycles, too.  And, gasp, cured olives!  Were we Gypsies?  Mon Dieu!  

K) Have you ever met someone who has completely altered your way of thinking? 
Oh yes.  
L) Have you ever been offered drugs and accepted? 
Well, I think this was covered by J.  And by the way, what HAS the alphabet got to do with this? Just Sayin....
M) Tell us something weird that turns you on. 
An honest Politician?
N) When did someone last admit romantic or sexual feelings for you? Was the feeling mutual? 
A few weeks ago, and the feeling was mutual.
O) What is something you have given a lot of thought to lately? 
Just who gets all this stuff of mine.  Like what do I pitch or what do I save for the kids?
P) When did you last swallow your beliefs to avoid an argument or confrontation? 
I "eat my own bitterness" quite often when in a group.  I see things normally called by some very bad names and with some uber serious consequences arising, and they see some sort of hero.  I'm past it.
Q) Do you usually initiate hugs? 
I married into a family of huggers so, I'm not the one usually doing it first.  It's mutual now, and it's very pleasant and a great thing for families and friends to do.  
R) Are you a very affectionate person? 
Yes, or at least I think so.  I hug trees for heaven's sake.  Hmmm?  Animals and cute teddy bears.. hmmm?
S) Can you roll your own cigarettes? 
I can roll them and learned when I was tiny.  My grandpa did so many things for me but one thing he did that was truly fun was let me roll his cigarettes.  Then he got a little machine and taught me how to use it because it fascinated me so much.
T) What are you looking forward to? 
A visit with the kids. 
U) Do you have any tattoos. Do you want any/more? 
No, and yes, I do want one but it's too late.  It might not heal!
V) Are you mentally strong? 
Oh yes.  
W) Are you physically strong? 
Pretty much, but not like before I got sick for the first time 30 years ago.
X) Do you think you’re a good person? 
I try to do what is ethically and morally right so that other people don't suffer.  And I try to love everyone, even someone like Henry the 8th who was apparently a victim of an accident that radically changed his personality.  I've forgiven him, if that means anything to him or not.
Y) Name one thing you wish you could change about your life right now. 
I would move in a heart beat to be nearer to my daughters - not in their back pocket but nearer.  I love Central Coast, California, ad nauseum, I know.
Z) What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Protein of some sort, fresh fruit of some sort, and brown rice cakes, tea, and on the weekends, a little more chocolate.

6 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the day both me and the hubs are retired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love, LOVE retirement together. It's amazing... Happy Sunday, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhh retirement! There is nothing like it, but I am glad I had to work so long to appreciate it!! Have a beautiful week !!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to you, auntiem, Happy Week, and Happy Retirement! And yes, there is nothing like it. Nearly free as birds... A good, good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgive Henry the 8th....I'm sure he's resting much easier now. lol Oh my, you terrible hippy people bringing drugs to the neighborhood....it KILLS me how clueless people can be about their own kids and how quick to blame anyone else but them.

    By the way, both of your links on the Sunday Stealing page just take me to my own blogger home page???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy! EEEEE! Well, I'll try to fix it. There was something wrong at the beginning and the magical vortex of URL space death tried to cure it, but seemingly succeeded, in a ghastly way, just to make things worse. Who knew?! And yes, I hope Henry is resting easier now, and that his many many wives haunt the heck out of him, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..