"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday Tails, Baby tort report, bits of knitting blah blah, Accidental Art, Drawing blah blah

Next week I want to share a story about three animals friends that Pina sent me, but I can't figure out, in my slightly addled and timid (meaning not bold) state, how to capture and present the story in a blog format.  It's a gorgeous story of what happens when babies grow up together.


Tort Report:  Milagro and Dusty discovered the "Hand of Human" had thrown something Yummy into their path.  This is the first time they've ever had watermelon rind and they tucked right in!  The older torts got more but it was given them farther away so that they wouldn't come and horn in to the little ones' feast.


Some very teensy "fish" provided this Fisheye view of South America, or maybe it's Africa.  That must be it.  Anyway, I think of this process, too, as feeding the wildlife but they better stay out of my books!:

This has been Lomished, Cross Processed
and to think the artists were actually fish.
Silver Fish. hehe

Optometrists, avert your eyes.. the pupil is oblate!

I'm working on the pink Stardust sweater today.   I'm determined to have it finished by November. It's for Elle, and she's waiting not quite as long as Gee but long enough.  The Manly/Beastly sweater is awaiting sleeves so maybe I'll just chicken out and knit them before finishing the body front and back on straights.  I know there are instructions somewhere for this maneuver but where????

And I'm reading the last of Gail Tsukiyama's book, The Samurai's Garden.  This beautifully paced book about everyday life while recovering from tuberculosis in a small village in Japan is just what I need right now.  I'm recovering, too.  There's just enough intrigue going on to make it interesting.  There is some sort of surprise coming and I hope it's not a bad thing.

Enjoy the Week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I liked seeing those little guys eating watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them, Paula, and, you're welcome. The babies are still too small to hibernate so the reports will most likely continue through the winters even, until they are in about three more years. Only one of them is very big at all.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..