"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Saturday Nine: The Power of Love

Join us in this Meme by clicking on the button in the side bar.  It is GREAT FUN on a Saturday!





Saturday 9: The Power of Love (1985)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Huey explains that you don't need a credit card to find love. What's the last thing you charged?  I bought a used book through Amazon.

2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard?  I've never ridden a skateboard, but I used to roller skate.  Loved it.  It made me feel powerful for some reason.

3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good?  Very Bad.  I hope it doesn't come true.

4) Huey's mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A?   My Great, great, great, great, and maybe great again Grandmother who lived to be 117 and whose name was Guzman.

5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do?  We took what were then called the College Boards.  I scored very high, nearly perfect, percentiles in everything but math which was only 88th.

6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where anzac biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now?  We have jars of coconut oil, which I use for making lip balms and other neat things, and we have sweetened flake coconut for making macaroons and candies.  

7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt?
I'd rather have something I can eat. ;o)

8) We're definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014?
My daughter graduated with highest honors from Berkeley, and this was the first time, ever, that I lived in a house with AC.  Of course the first thing is WAY more important.  We are so proud of her, fighting her way through a dread disease treatment and keeping her grades perfect, too.

9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box!
Zippi fights crime as The Aqua White Tissue Witch.  This is for the Aqua color of my shirt dress, and the Kleenex on the desk to the right of the keyboard.  This is so hilarious!


2 comments:

  1. You must be so proud of your daughter! And I enjoyed the answers to #9 this week a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gal! It was sort of a miracle that she was able to do what she did. We are so very happy that she met this goal of hers, considering hat she went through.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..