"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, June 29, 2015

Music Monday: Slack Key Guitar- Ledward Kahumoku, Cyril Pahinui, and also a history from Jeff Peterson

First, Ledward Kahumoku:  We saw Ledward in concert here in a beautiful little church in North Park, and he played this.  He was one of the three Slack Key players who played that night, and one of the ones I talked about in Saturday9.   Beautiful player, "bright guitar".  He is also Master Player



Now, a video from a younger Master Slack Key player.  This one explains the history of Slack Key Style.



My favorite Old Master is Cyril Pahinui.  I love the mellow sound of his guitar.  Not so "bright".  I don't like certain very famous guitars because of their "brightness".  It's just a preference.

One Song...with stills,




4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I love almost all forms of (accoustic) guitar.

    By the way, I found the blogposts that went missing and also found that dangerous cake recipe. Here's a link to it in case you still want it: http://www.wecalaho.com/the-most-dangerous-cake-in-the-world/

    (Now I'll get tagged as a spammer by the google filters for posting a link) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're blog, whether I go to it with the link above or the one on your photo won't let me make a comment about the crows, and their antics, or the noodles or anything. *cries*

      I'll try to figure out if it's something I'm doing wrong...

      Delete
  2. Well, happily Google is smarter than it looks sometimes and didn't! And thanks for the cake recipe! Lovely! Expect a lot of hits on your blog for this one. Yummy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed a word press setting in the comments section, so perhaps it will work now. I'm sorry it's been causing you trouble :-(

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..