"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Saturday9: The Games People Play

I apologize for the look of this meme this week.  I was trying to get it done on the iPad, and I've ended up having to put it into the PC to correct it.  Now I'm just dog tired and freezing. 

Yes, Kwizgiver, I do note the Irony in this. LOL!

Go HERE to see other players, and HERE to hear the song. 



1) This song is about doing what it takes to win. What's the most recent competition you won? (Yes, online solitaire counts.).
Sorry, I only play Free Cell and Candy Crush, and I don’t compete.

2) The lyrics tell us to "go ahead and put your bets on me." Do you often play games of chance -- like the office football pool, or slot machines, or the lottery?
Other than a few lottery tickets at the beginning,  I haven't ever gambled.  I guess it was because my mother abhorred it?  She really instilled  her aversion to it deeply into her kids.

3) The video includes footage of young people competing in The Special Olympics. What's your favorite sport to watch? Is it the same sport you most enjoying playing?
It a toss up between basketball and soccer, for watching.  But I like to play badminton just a tiny bit better than tennis.
4) This week's featured artist, Carrie Underwood, first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. How old were you when you took your first flight?
I was around 55, and I got a ride in a yellow biplane at an air show.

5) Carrie loves horror and her favorite author is Stephen King. What book are you currently reading?
I’m reading, The Assassination of James Forrestal ,by David Martin.  It's sort of non-fiction Horror story.  The Freedom of information Act has unearthed many buried bodies.... I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the next thing made NUL.
6) Carrie's duet partner on "The Champion" is rapper Ludacris. In addition to making music, he acts and has appeared in one Sam's favorite shows, Law & Order: SVU. What's your favorite "cop show?"
I really liked "Law and Order".

7) Ludacris is a distant cousin of comedian Richard Pryor. Have you studied your family's genealogy?
As much as I could.  The DNA search was the clincher, though my grandmother and mother were good sources for my maternal and paternal ancestors. The DNA upheld a family story about my Great Grandmother. And, my paternal grandmother even still remembered the names of HER great, great, great Grandparents. 

8) Soccer was a big deal in 2018, the year this song was released. According to Google, "FIFA World Cup" was the news story that generated the most internet searches. What's the last thing you "googled?"

The Book mentioned above in Question 6, to see the name of the author. 


9) Random question: You're battling the flu. The doctor advises you to stay in bed a full five days. As you begin feeling better (around Day 3), do you continue to follow doctor's orders? Or do you get up and start moving before you're supposed to? 

I stay in bed.  When I was a LOT younger I got pneumonia right after the flu having the flu one year.  So, Flu is NO JOKE!  I'm glad that vaccinations are so readily available now.  

Thanks Sam for this weekly MEME.  It's always thought provoking, and fun to do.   

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the flu vaccine. I know so many who are against vaccines these days, but as a doctor friend, who also happens to have come from the Philippines said, "There are risks to any drug, but the greater good far outweighs them with most vaccines. They've never lived in a third world country decimated by a disease." I am afraid we may live to see what it can be like...just this week it was announced that there have been (so far) 45 confirmed cases of whooping cough in the next county over from us. Diseases that were supposed to have been eradicated are coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are coming back, because the pathogens have always been there waiting. Very good point. Your doctor friend is right. I hope that they don’t evolve past our ability to stop them. Time will tell. The flu is enough of a killer.

      Delete
  2. #9 -- I find that, as I get older, I'm a better (though still rebellious) patient. I know I'd push it, feel poorly, and climb right back into bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a go getter alright. Just so you know when to get more rest. Pneumonia is an outcome, and you don’t even know, sometimes, that you have it until you just can’t breathe anymore.

      Delete
  3. The biplane flight sounds interesting. I flew like that in a helicopter when I was about 10 or 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choppers have got to be fun to fly in. I was Gung-Ho in my teens to be a fighter pilot, but that was nixed by the services. They wanted me to join anyway, and, I suppose, work a desk job? Then I had kids and got afraid to fly, what if this; what if that?
      I finally decided to fly in that yellow bi-place because it always flew over our house, and I LOVED the thing.

      Delete
  4. You know I chuckled that your cold--I'm just coming inside from 22 degrees with a "real feel" of 4. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW you'd get a kick out of the comment of a TropicGal in 58*. Lol

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's a lovely game. I play solitaire also but LOVE Free Cell.

      Delete
  6. I like the solitaire games, too. I am not a good patient; I should be in bed right now, I think. But I can't reach my doctor so I haven't exactly been told to stay in bed. I just kind of know that is probably where I ought to be. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get thee to your chamber! hope you feel better soon!

    I like the solitaire games but free cell has my SOUL! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..