"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday Stealing: P i n t e r e s t

I am not going to put up any logos from P i n t e r e s t, as they try to track people all across the web.  So does Instagram.  They just don't tell you, this...

Let's just do the questions.   

1. What don’t you share?
I have not done any sharing on P.  I just look at the Pins and save them if they interest me.
 
2. A reason to celebrate?

"Tis the season!
 
3. Describe where you are now.

I'm in an office space that is shared with our computers.  
 
4. A dream that seems impossible.

Getting common decency back in the White House.
 
5. Something you hope for.

I hope the kids of the Earth win this one.  They are in for one hell of a battle.
 
6. A tradition that makes you feel at home.

Quaker Silent Meeting.  It's like Heaven to me.  Here's another..afternoon tea with friends.  Then, that one.
 
7. The people who make your life better.

My family and friends.  My little dog. The Honest Ones (and don't doubt they are there because they are) working in Washington to get this FREAK show out of our lives.
 
8. Someone you’d like to meet.

Jimmy Carter
 
9. A silly thing you’d really like.

Not a silly thing, but I'd like to have the chance to participate in a Christmas Eve festival like is in the movie, "Nothing Like the Holidays"  It was ...magical.... They go to all the doors and people come out and join the caroling group.  It's beautiful.  I think it's a traditional Puerto Rican Christmas thing.
 
10. A book from your childhood

Jules Verne's novel,  Journey to the Center of The Earth
 
11. Something you’re still not sure about.

The Future.
 
12. The best dessert to share with friends.

A French Chocolate Silk pie.
 
13. A story that captures your imagination

The Story of Jesus, walking through the door. 

Billy Graham talks a lot of nonsense, but he did say once that it could happen if "Jesus was more real than the door".
That's the most sensible explanation I've heard from Graham's mouth. 
It's Quantum Physics, Baby!
 
14. Memories beside a fireplace.

When it was first built in 1978, we could only build the tiniest fire in it, like a few little of pieces of kindling.  So, we all sat near it and stared at the little fire.
 
15. How do you spend a rainy day?

"I sometimes sits and thinks.  And sometimes I just sits."  I can no longer find the Poster with the Orangutan on it, but the sentiment remains....


9 comments:

  1. I adore Christmas movies, but I've never heard of "Nothing Like the Holidays." I'm going to have to see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can. It’s different. A look into a family struggling but so, so funny, and equally dramatic. Very Latin. You go through ALL the emotions. It’s also on YouTube I think. And Netflix. We bought it when it came out on CD.

      Delete
  2. The future is not written yet - but sadly we do have an idea. When I encounter a time machine, I'll pop forward and then pop back and tell everyine about it.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! It would maybe “sell” the politicos on the idea that the rest of us have a point! Maybe the shortsighted powers that be get sent into the field to eat grass until they get their “AHA!” Moments! We can only hope. 🙏🏼

      Delete
  3. I had a tough time choosing between President Carter and Tom Hanks--but because I'm just getting home from seeing Hanks in the Mr Rogers movie, I went with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ton Hanks has been a total PHENOM since that very first movie. I'll never forget that toy store keyboard thing! It's unforgettable! He's a great choice, too.

      Delete
  4. I fear Jimmy Carter won't be with us much longer. He was the best "after presidency" president ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear you are right. He got rolled over by a freaking machine, did Mr. Carter, all those secret backdoor deals and such. They have NO SHAME!
      But he came out of it with such high marks as a real leader. I could say more about Ronnie Ray Gun, but I won't.

      Delete
  5. I'm with you on #4. And can I come with you to meet Jimmy Carter??

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..