"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday Nine .. From The Gal...

I'm very out of practice and also faced with a brand new interface for Blogger.. But here goes.. I'll try to put all the bits and pieces together.  And get back up to snuff by next week.

1) Mad About You was a sitcom that ran from 1992 to 1999. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan? A.I don't think I've every heard of it. 

2) The show was rebooted in 2019/2020 on the Spectrum streaming service. Do you have any streaming services? If so, which ones? A. We have two: Netflix and Amazon 

 3) The series revolved around Manhattan newlyweds Paul and Jamie Buchman. They met at a newsstand, where they were both purchasing The New York Times. With so many publications online, newsstands are now uncommon. When you want to purchase a printed newspaper or magazine, where do you go? A. We get a paper delivery only on the weekend. I don't get magazines. 

  4) Paul is played by Paul Reiser. He created the series because he believes marriage is a tough but satisfying adventure. He and real-life wife Paula have been married for more than 30 years. They met when she was a waitress at the comedy club where he was performing. Have you ever waited tables?   A. No, my first two jobs were at a library, and as a telephone operator.  

5) Helen Hunt won four Emmy Awards as Jamie. Over 10 million people watch the Emmys each year. She also won an Oscar, which has an annual viewership of twice that. Therefore huge audiences witnessed Helen's acceptance speeches. Are you comfortable speaking in public? I'm quite comfortable, as I learned to be from being president of several clubs. 

6) During the opening credits, Paul and Jamie are sharing an ice cream bar. When did you most recently have ice cream? I don't eat ice cream anymore.  Does Soy Dreamy count? 

7) Paul and Jamie's best friends were another couple, Fran and Mark. Eventually Fran and Mark divorced, and Paul and Jamie worked at being friends with both of them. Have you been friends with a couple who split? Did you manage to stay friends with both of them?  Yes, and No, I didn't  

8) In 1992, when Paul and Jamie were playing New Yorkers, real New Yorkers were following the trial of mobster John Gotti. Mr. Gotti acquired many nicknames, including The Teflon Don, The Dapper Don and Black John. Is there anyone in your life that you call by a pet name or nickname? Yes 

9) Random question -- What subject do you wish you knew more about? New York State's Statute Law

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Saturday 9! Good to see you again.

    I'm struggling with new Blogger, too. It still lets me use "legacy blogger" when, after I begin a new post, I click on the option on the way down on lower left. Hopefully they won't take that away from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gal! And thank you. It's really good to be back.
      This new interface is tough but there are a few places on the web to read about it from a user's point of view. Old dogs don't learn new tricks very quickly, though. The old blogger is going away in November, so like it or not, we will have no choice after then.
      I'll be back later in the morning to read everyone's blog. The only thing I've missed, is the 4 meme's. So lovely, and so hard to give up!

      Delete
  2. Hi Zippy, it is nice to see you back. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CountryDew! I missed keeping up with you also! It's good to be back blogging.
      There is no place like home, and this is mine.
      Twitter is so fast and chaotic,I just can't take the pace! I do like Pinterest the best and Instagram is sort of fun, too.
      I'm going to catch up with all the Saturday Niners today, and the Thieves on Sunday. Thanks again for the warm welcome.Olé!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, Zippi! I've often wondered what happened and how you were doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, I just got overwhelmed by current events and needed a Time-out to think, study, read and focus on the really important stuff. Now I'm ready to blog again. I understand how things work a lot better.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for the welcome back. That's sweet of you. ♥

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..