"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Halloween!

 Halloween!

 

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
 

  


 

 

Stolen from League of Extraordinary Pen Pals

 

 

This week's Sunday Stealing


1. What is your favorite spooky song 
That would be, Thriller, with Michael Jackson.

2. What do you want etched on your tombstone? I won't have one.

3. Who is your favorite horror movie villain  I like the Witch in "Into the Woods" she is really EVILLLL!

4. Have you ever seen a ghost?  There was a ghost in the last house we owned.  She was the owner of the house and had died there.  She came here with me because I knew who she was and I didn't want her to be lonely.  One day, after about two years, she went away.  I know she was real because when my friend from the new neighborhood told me about her, I immediately recognized her. She moved books around and the cat was scared of her.  I think of her more as an Angel than anything else.  She was really gentle.

5. Do you prefer gore, thrillers or supernatural movies?  I don't like any of them really, but thrillers come close. 

6. What is your favorite scary book? I'm not really into scary books.  Non Fiction is scary enough for me.

7. Have you ever had a tarot card reading?  I read them myself  Was it accurate? Oh ya.  Very much so.

8. Are you superstitious? Nope

9. Have you ever used a voodoo doll? Lol, no.. that, to me is just plain silly.

10. Have you ever participated in a seance? No

11. Have you ever heard voices when no one was around except you? No

12. What is your favorite Halloween candy? I like the little Almond Joys and the Butterfingers.

13. What was your most memorable Halloween costume?  I went to a party as a Commander in the US Navy.  It was so much fun. Especially when I let down my long hair from under a gray wig and took of my mustache.  

14. Do you like going through haunted houses (not real ones)?  Aside from my own two, I just never had any interest in them.

15. If someone dared you to spend the night in a haunted house (a real one) would you do it?  Sure.

 And here is last week's set of Questions.

1. What kinds of things do you like to write?
I like to write songs, poems and short stories.  

2. What is your favorite genre of movie
Comedy and Romantic Comedy

3. Your favorite song?
It has to be Hallelujah by K.D. Lang

4. During what situation do your eyes shine the brightest?
When I see someone I love or even just like a lot.

5. Summer or Winter?
I love the Wet, which is essentially Winter. We plant flower seeds in it and it lasts all the way through to the Dry.  Australian weather terms that fit California to a T

6. What do you do when you are angry?
I clam up.

7, Sleep with lights on or off ?
Off.  When you live in the city, you appreciate as much darkness as you ever get.

8. Are you ok with eating alone in a restaurant?
I am not going to do that.  I'd rather eat at home if I'm alone.  That way I can be with the dog and we can snuggle up and watch Agatha Christie CDs while I knit.

9. Texting or calling?
I prefer texting.  Though I could call the kids, all of them don't have unlimited minutes as do I.  So, I spare them that.

10. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
My sense of the Ironic in Life is probably the thing that keeps me alive.

11. How do you act when you’re scared?
Well, pretty much like everyone else does.  I freak!

12. When you look at the sky do you first look at the moon, or the stars?
In this city, if the Moon is up, you can't see any stars.  What you can see are the other planets, usually Mars and Venus, or Saturn.

13. Do you approach strangers when you are lost?
Darn right.  My view is that we are all brothers and sisters.  I'd help anyone and that's the way I think of life as a whole.  We are here to help each other.  If you can't be kind or helpful, then you should rethink your life.

14. Tea or Coffee?
Make mine Tea, please.

15. With sugar? Milk? Lemon? Anything else?
Tea: usually plain but sometimes with sweetener, and sometimes, cream
never milk. 
I can drink, and I like, DeCaf coffee with cream and sweetener, but no milk please! 

AND no lemon in my teas unless it's iced tea.

Want to see other posts and answers?  Please go HERE

12 comments:

  1. I love Almond Joys and Butterfingers but I can't eat chocolate anymore. I like the Hallelujah song too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! It would be a shock to have that happen but, by glory, you probably know already that if a person lives long enough, there are so many surprises in store for them.

      Delete
  2. Thriller has a great video (though a bit dated now).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I forget Michael Jackson's Thriller? Great song choice! Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as time has rolled by, I'm sure there are a lot more even scarier stories that have eclipsed it. heehee. Now I must go listen to it again because it really is a classic. Thanks for the good wishes! Hope you have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't she a great villian?!! @@ spookie! I'm going to watch that movie again soon, while knitting some orange socks.

      Delete
  5. I love your ghost story. I wrote an article once about a haunted house...not so much haunted, but a house where ghosts of previous dwellers lived. It was a fascinating story and after my article appeared, one of the ghosts indicated that shes liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev. I'm happy to have someone else who understands this. Also, it's my one and only encounter with the "other side", and not easily forgotten. My hubby and I both saw her move books on the shelve,and do other "gentle" things. She was less a ghost than an Angel, I reckon. I'd like to read your story.

      Delete
  6. Thriller is great, I loved the Vincent Price voice over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Vincent Price great?! I'd have linked it but ran out of time... Halloween it going to be a lot different this year. No little kiddies.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..