"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, December 11, 2005

In two days, A Christmas Party, yeay!

DH and I are really getting exhausted but have managed to suck up 400 pounds of remodeling dust, and all the gritty dust bunnies who were happy to die after getting asthma from the silica! Cleaning all the books was a major job, amongst many major jobs. Happily the sewing room stayed full shut and had a dust barricade along the bottom of the doors. Who wants dusty batting or velvet. UGH!

So, after finishing with a tree raising ceremony tomorrow, we just have a marathon candy making on Tuesday. All the cleaning, and tossing, tossing, tossing will be done. We have defeated the Paper Lions, and the Grit Piggies! If there is any fudge left over it is mine all mine!

The pink lacey socks are one inch to the start of the toes, and the lovely Wildfoot will be the next one on the needles as soon as I find the needles!. Two brand new sets of bamboo 1's are someplace in the bags, hiding? I bought them when we were out and about on the coast, as I thought they would be nice to try. I usually use all metals on the small needles.

Wheel needs it's top coat of gloss. Then it's assembled and by Christmas I hope to be spinning some lovely wobbly yarns. You should see what PugKnits can do with just about any fiber. She makes gorgeous yarns. She is my inspiration! Well, I know she doesn't spin Dust Bunnies but that's about it.

3 comments:

  1. hmmm and your nature pictures always sooth my soul!

    are dust bunnies = dust mites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bamboo needles are great! So much better than metal.

    Sounds like you two have been working very hard to get everything back to normal - you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D, thanks! I'm always glad to post a bit of Mother Nature. I love to see Nature pictures on other blogs, too, because most places I will never get to see in person. Oh dust bunnies, or even grit piggies, are imaginary beasties. They are the little rolags of detritus that scurry around underneath our furniture and try to hide from the broom. hehe

    Karen, I think I like the bamboos more and more. Even if they get curved over time, they are so kind to my hands. I've never used the really small sizes because they seem to curve so much.

    Taking a break from cleaning things but now I must really get the vacuum out and get those lampshades. Almost ready for tomorrow. Hubby made the fudge this time. He is getting to love cooking.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..