"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm so Happy!

Jane, thank you! I just tied my little piece of leg rolled fiber onto a short yarn leader, and then onto the leader of the bobbin. Fiddling with all that extra commercial yarn as a long leader was part of the problem. Also, I do promise to stop falling over things in the dark. I can't, apparently, trust my eyes in the dark anymore. I'm getting very clumbsy in daylight and should have known better. I'll start carrying a flashlight at night.

Val, your two suggestions, loosening the brake - I didn't even realize it was on - and not going all the way through all the hooks to the top of the bobbin but just the first flyer hook made a big difference. What a beautiful little wheel this Louet is. Thanks for the tip on Arnica for the bruises. One of them is still sore.

The virus is starting to pack up it's bags. This morning I feel like it will only be a few more days before it disappears entirely. This one had DH worried and he's a LOT calmer than I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Happy spinning! Your yarn (so far) is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane. I visited the doctor last afternoon and am now getting antibiotics for Bronchitis and an ear infection. I feel a lot better so now the spinning can re-commence. I'm getting a book from the library, that I might just actually buy, which was written by Ander Amos. I think that's his first name but don't quote me. It was put out by interweave press a few years ago and I didn't get it them because I didn't have a wheel.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..