"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Traditional and Beautiful

This quilt was one of my favorite ones. The border work, which I'll show, was very impressive in the use of the fabrics to get the fade into white. I've found my program, looked at the highly grainy 100 zoom for the title tag and it looks like it's called Anne's Stars by Susan Colbeck and Faye Johnson. The name rings a bell with me, too, so I think it's right. I'm learning my camera still, can you tell?  Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love to sew, hand sew even.

    I don't think you are a dilletante, you just love color and the feel of fabric and yarns. It's a great way to be!

    In person this quilt is even more stunning. and just wait til I show you the rest of the show. It might go into a flicker album though. I'll link it somehow. Picassa's being a bit of a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments on this quilt. I am the creator of it. The border had the effect I wanted, but it was a challenge to do. I made this for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Susan, thank you so much for your comment here about your beautiful quilt in the World Show in Santa Clara.

    Your daughter is a very lucky person to receive such a gorgeous quilt.

    I can truly appreciate the number of hours and painstaking work that went into making Ann's Stars, a stunning Labor of Love.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..