"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, January 22, 2007

We did a mini stash trip

Ah... Water Lily from the LYS




















A and I took the Jeep out on a stash run, well, a mini stash run. Jeeplie likes to do these things as much as to go off roading. I say mini stash because, you see, I had dug through my yarns a few days before and became a bit shocked at what I've got. It will take me 5 years to knit up the sock yarn alone. Yes, I am a slow knitter, but still....

We also visited The Quilted Rose, a very nice LQS, and I came away with a beautiful batik backing and sashing material for the batik baby quilt I'm making for my little grand niece. It's a perfect match for the theme as it is yellow and gold with butterflies in a typical batik looking fabric. I'll take some pictures of the batik squares, some are butterflies, that I bought *cough* a year ago *cough that are going to be the focal points for it. My little grand niece loves bright colors and this is going to be a fairly bright quilt. While we were there at the store, A found the Oriental fabrics room. Then she looked around somemore and found a beautiful Geisha Japanese quilt that was stunning. It really should have been in the Santa Clara show! I would go back and take a picture but I think it needs to be seen in person. It's really gorgeous.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..