"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sky Watching in Parkfield California

 










We got to Parkfield, in Central California, after dark and made our supper. It had been raining all day and in fact, we had so much rain on the windshield at one time it was a sheet of water we could barely see through.

The next morning the rain stopped but we found that it had washed out the road to the dig. So I just walked around taking photos of the various interesting things about this tiny town most of the morning. Eventually a rancher nearby offered to let us dig on his property, which was more accessible, since our original field trip was a bust. So we walked a stream bed and looked along the banks for the illusive brekkiated Jasper, for which the hill cuts and streams around are famous.

This beautiful rural township is the earthquake capitol of the Unitied States.

Someday I will find the one piece we found there and take it's picture so you can see it. too. It's a beautiful piece that looks like it has a barren tree with a starry sky behind as a backdrop. Or at least in my mind it does.

I'm getting nostalgic for rock hounding because so many of the old rock hounds have passed on. We lost three of the old timers within this last month's time.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow. Hopefully you will find them interesting.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I want to be right smack-dab in the middle of that road.:-)

    I can almost smell the fresh air and the scent of the grass and feel the sundshine on my face.

    Lovely pic dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Trish. =o) This is a truly peaceful place and hopefully still is.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..