"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Addi Lace Needles and Gretchen

The new needles arrived a week ago, and I had put my lace shawl, Gretchen, on to them. I had to rest my wrist for several days, but now it's full bore with the knitting.

The only thing I noticed right away was how long the needle part was compared to the short (24inch) addi torbo it replaced. I thought it might be a problem but it hasn't been.

The needles are wonderful! I can pick up and knit the p3 stitches (and there are a lot of them) 10Xs easier than with the turbos. The stickiness is just right, not over or under a requirement for the silk. It's almost like I am not knitting with the same yarn as before! And the tips are as perfect as I could ever ask for. They may not be the sharpest metal needles in the store, but they are going to be great. I'm looking forward to making use of them. One more size is on order - the next length up - but the 24s in the picture will do well for quite awhile.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review of the Addi lace needles. You've answered the most important question for me...how long the needles are. If I could have tweeked the old Addi's, I would have made the needle a tad longer so that it didn't dig in the palm of my hand so much. I'm glad they've addressed that.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish :O) Oh, you are very welcome. The Lace addi's are really lovely needles. And I fully understand about the longer needle part giving you more to work with. It is actually quite nice. I'll be getting more of these needles. Like them muchly.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..