Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Not Your Average Mermaid

 
I'm not sure who designed this and I'm not sure I even like it, but here it is. She almost looks like part of the water, or part seal or something. Maybe that's the point I've missed. Maybe she is a tranforming Sealkin.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or does the sculptor have a problem with anatomy? It looks like her knee is at almost ankle height. The leg bent up in back is the one I mean. It looks bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a better look at it tomorrow and see if it has a dedication plate with a name on it. The whole thing looks like a transformation between seal and woman. If it was on purpose, all is well. But, if it was just, well, how shall I say this, a poor attempt at realism, then you nailed it. Bizarre. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! It looks liquid..as if she is transforming into a seal or a mermaid. She also looks as if she is doing it with happy abandonment of human shackles. The only thing that bugs me, is that her hands are huge! Can't see a mermaid with big hands.
    It makes me happy and want to shed my clothes and go swimming and Laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meribeth, I think her hands are huge, maybe they are becoming flippers? She's a mysterious bit of sculpture, that's certainly true.

    On hot days I'd love to go swimming but not in that channel. heehee

    ReplyDelete

Working my way through the thicket of the American political scene. I am trying to not put any of that up on this blog EVER again. Meh!

MONDAY MUSIC: “ I’LL FLY AWAY”

https://youtu.be/pbzTeK5_hJ4?si=75-gkpTamWcR6lLP I love this song so much.  And blue grass just hits it right!  Joyful!!   My grandpa played...