"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Guerrilla Gardening!

Have a look at this! Santa Cruz and England(Go Brits!)has this sort of action going. I think Santa Cruz may be the friendlier place to do this, but England definitely has more of a self watering system. All that rain!

Have a look at Guerrilla Gardening and especially have a look at the YouTube on the bottom of the piece.

It's fun, and my DD2 sent it to me. She and her sisters work in public gardens with permission, but I think she's a little tempted to work those abandoned spaces, too. So am I!

Go GGs!!

4 comments:

  1. Stelth gardening! Arm up and move out! Guerrillas march!

    This is one of the coolest ideas I've heard! Oh, I would so like to do that. Thanks. It is such a wonderful idea.

    Meribeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like fabulous fun, and it would be good exercise, too, especially trying to outrun the police dogs that the locals sic on you. heehee

    Go for it Meribeth!

    I'm starting to look around but without a watering system in place things won't stay alive. But I'm looking anyway. Might get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably doesn't really count, but I do guerrilla weeding, and the occasional guerrilla watering if I'm walking by with my water bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure it does, sallyjo. Guerrilla weeding and watering is all part and parcel of good management for the whole movement. We three need to form a long distance cadre? Yes? Emails with secret code words? hehe

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..