"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions Day, of course!

In Ravelry there is a group called Resolutions, and I posted these same resolutions there.  I've kept it very simple this year, I guess you call it, "learning one's limits."

  1. Finish the Manly Sweater and other WIPS.
  2. Clean out the two Studio rooms so I can work in them comfortably.
  3. Learn to knit continental and see if I even like it.
  4. Spend more time spinning on the spinning wheel.
  5. Make a nativity set for me, and if my sister likes it, make one for her as well.
  6. Make and KEEP a schedule for housekeeping.
  7. Set up the industrial sewing machine and USE IT! 
That's the lot!  I borrowed the last two from some fellow Resolutionistas in the group.  Now to keep them all!  This should be easier than the long LONG strings I've made in the last two or so years of doing this; I have lain bare my soul before the tsk tskers of the blogosphere, and when the pratfall comes along, it really smarts!  Ha!

6 comments:

  1. Like your resolutions..and I've started on one of mine....try to keep up on my blogging. Also to read more (since knitting not much reading), which I love.

    Have a wonderful year & will catch with you very soon,
    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your resolution list! Sounds like some good stuff and I can't wait to see in your pics ;) (no pressure!) cute kitty! (I've never seen it, so it was new to me )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Darla, and I saw yours, too. Happy New Year to you, too. and thank you!

    I'm doing so much reading that the knitting has suffered. lol

    I have a resolution to keep up on my blog reading which I dearly love to do, read blogs. Maybe I can divide the lists up into days of the week or something, but what happens is that I read, then jump to one of the blogger's links to see something, and then it's like boing boing boing, ping ponging all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to get my house in some kind of semblance of order - and to start doing more things for me - more healthy eating, walking at the rec center ----

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh oh.. did I promise pictures? hehe.. of the finished projects, yes?

    In Rav someone suggested I post before and after pics for the re-organization. Well, needless to say, I'm not going to do anything like that. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rho, I think this organizing thing for me has become perennial!

    I hope you do better than I have done. I think I'm building a little brick road to someplace called "Organized", and about twenty feet behind me is a guy with a pick, ripping up the bricks and tossing them in the roadside weeds.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..