"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Wolf on the doorstep...or the top of the bed...

Wolfie has been bad and has been rustling around on the bed at night.  I think he is awake all night because he sleeps too much during the day.  So, today, I will let the little beggar out whenever he hears other dogs so that he can "defend" his back garden.

He and the dog-on-the-other-side-of-the-wall go back and forth along it, leaping at the corners to get at each other, which neither can actually do.  But Wolfie can jump halfway up the wall with the agility and energy befitting a mountain lion.   The lime tree limbs that are close to the bottom of the lime tree get a good ragging from him too,  He bites them and viciously shakes them, thereby telling the other dog just what it's in for if it should ever set foot on this side of the fence.  I can't believe this guy is not a terrier.  He's still digging holes whenever we do.  We pull up so much as a weed, Wolfie is right there to help out, front paws going like pistons, as he emits little growls of encouragement to his pack leaders. 

Back to the sleeping though.  He kept waking me up periodically last night, until 3 am when I finally pushed him away from my side and growled at him.   He's done the fussing around bit for several nights, now, and I'm so tired!!    I really didn't want to have him up on the bed.  We both thought that there was no way that he could get up there on his own, so thought we were safe.  In truth, there were several nights in the beginning when he hadn't got all the wind velocities and angle figured out.

But now, even with his stubby little legs, he can run and jump, cling to the side, and scramble up top, and it's about three feet high!  He gets the top of his body up,  his head ( big round, brown eyes glowing with determination) and one or both front legs clinging to the edge.  Once there, he just plows away  like a maniac to get the rest of his body up.  It's such a feat of engineering and physics on his part that we just started falling out of bed, laughing, and let him stay.

Knitting is going swimmingly but we are, after all, talking about an in the round Aran Sweater, here.  What can I say?  Progress is measured with a micrometer!  The Ravelympics are coming like a freight train, however, so I'll take time out for knitting little MochiMochiland owlets on a branch, two sets for my little nieces.  I hope they like them.  I think they are cute but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..