"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Iris... Something really REALLY neat!

This is Iris, and it's wonderful if you like knowing a lot about what is going on in earth plate tectonics movement..

Here you goooo..... The world Seismic Monitor at USGS:

IRIS



That's the semi-super size.. IF you want to see the REALLY big picture, you just click on your F11 button.

 It's way, way cool...

2 comments:

  1. That is really, really cool! I'm bookmarking it. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TGL, you are very welcome.

    By the way, there is also a site within the USGS where you can sign up to receive all quake reports within specific latitudes and longitudes. They send you email updates. It's an interactive map that you can pull points out to enlarge or shrink the area you want to see.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..