"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Fledgling Scrub Jays

This little guy hit the big window in a swooping rush, and then sat there outside trying to figure out this new limitation that the world had thrown up to hinder his flight path. It's sibling remained in the Honeysuckle bush, safely tucked up amongst it's high branches.





Sorry for the fuzzy piccie.  I didn't want to get too close and give him a bigger fright.

Posted by Picasa

I was worried about this fellow but ran to get my camera first, of course. He/she ended up back in the honeysuckle with his/her fledgemate after a few "legs up" from the handy lemon tree. They scoot right up a tree with headlong crashes upwards.

The parent birds are practically tame enough to take food from the hand, though I don't do that. They raid a neighbor's dog's food dish often enough, and don't need more handouts than that.

I'm headed to try for a nap after getting to sleep at 3 am and waking up at 5:30. Gah! zzzzzzzz What a day, yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..