"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, June 10, 2011

The last teacup. And new Pumpkin tea set finally fired and home.

DB has been visiting his sisters, and one of the things we usually do is to all pile into the Jeep and go down to get fish and chips at Mrs. Kelley's. Then we go walkabout at the end of Shelter Island. DH takes our doggie for a walk, which is more like a romp to get W's round fat tongue a nice bright red, and sister and I checked out some yachts in the basin, while Bro looked at the Friendship Bell. We are a sister city to a city in Japan, amongst others inthe world.

DH was joking that Wolfie looks like a stuffed shaggy teddy bear, and his tongue looks like one of those felt tongues that is sewn in. Wolfie is too cute when he's "smiling".

We also went the next day to go poking around the nearby collectible shops to see what we could see. I was looking for a sixth tea cup/saucer to round out my "tea set". I found a very pretty painted one ..front and center.. to go with the five I've collected, or been given, over the years.

Posted by Picasa

Last thing is the finish pumpkin tea set. I really sweated this one getting done and home in intact. You never know what could happen in a firing.


I love tea cups but really never don't wanted more than I can use for a a tea party someday.  I'm thinking that's sily.  Why not another collection of beautiful ceramic things?  DH will shiver if he reads this.   

5 comments:

  1. I just love the pumpkin teaset, Lynne - what a wonderful job you've done. I have our pumpkin crop ripening up the few stairs in our loungeroom right now! I have an applique quilt pattern in my cupboard, (along with the odd UFOs!!), and I bought it because of its voluptuous pumpkin imagery! And my favourite summer shoes right now are pumpkin coloured. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your collection alot. Very nice.

    I collect miniature tea sets. There's just something nice, and soft, and feminine, and delicate about a tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Chris, I was thinking, "Pumpkins...harvested already?" Then I remembered that our seasons a just a little different from yours. This has one unexpected benefit, as it makes it possible for a person to live an endless summer if they like, or can afford it.. heehee. I would pick spring! And, thank you for your kind compliments about the pumpkin set. I love that little tea set and because all the girls are in the midst of a paring down of possessions they didn't want to keep it. So, my sister and I will be having tea parties with it, complete with mini scones.

    Hey there, ZKnitz, :-) I think you are completely right about tea sets. And miniature sets are so lovely to collect and admire.
    sigh. I'm dreaming of a few I've seen and should have gotten. I have two I think.
    I watch a lot of Britcoms and dramas and darn, those tea sets are to die for. Well, almost. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZKNITZ, thanks for your compliment on the tea cups, too. I have one more to go for a full set. Still looking around the shops for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh duh, I already have six! I blame Senior Moments Tea. You know the one; other people call it Tension Tamer.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..