"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting Organized Wednesday

Tiny things to do today.  I cleaned a square foot area off the top of my jewelry making bench, that from an accumulation of detritus landing there over several years.  Just bits and pieces of mostly nothing, sort of like the universe full of atoms that are mostly nothing.

Truly, if all the atoms were compressed this expanded world (universe) would fit into something the size of a child's teacup.  Or smaller.  It gets a person thinking about all the care we take of "stuff" that is so truly ethereal and mostly nothing.  The spinning electrons make everything look substantial and solid.

Gad, where did that come from?  I am tired. 

I wanted to share a love of mine.  I love Browns.  Of course greens as well, in honor of the beautiful ocean.  And I love Blue/brown combinations.  The center of this pretty, little, metal and ceramic plate is blue heart shapes - like the white ones surrounding the little jade egg and the three Tagua nuts.  Those nuts are also called Vegetable Ivory because artist's carve them into amazing amulets and other dangles for jewelry making.  They are stunning enough for me in and of themselves!  HERE you can see some of the carvings and where these nuts come from, too.

Tagua Nuts, and Jade egg

Boulder Opal and various shells added to the mix

Life is full of beauty.  Even when you are too tired to do anything at all, you can look out the window at the sky, perhaps there will be clouds, or trees, a garden filled with little birds to watch.

Today, the Winter Wren came back. She ( I call them all she) comes every year, as faithful as the Northern star.  It's amazing to go out in the Fall and hear that little jeering call and know that she is back again for another winter!  She travels down out of the mountains and this is her preferred place to hang out.  I wanted to make her a house but don't know how to make it safe and water proof.  She looks like THIS .  She makes a night nest for herself.  One year she dug all the potting mix out of one of our elk horn ferns trying to make a nest.   She was very disappointed because, as she dug at the bottom, the top kept falling onto her head!

I can't tell you how cheerful this perky little bird is and her mood is catching!

Ok, I'm off to start some laundry, do more cleaning in the sewing room which is looking very good, and more reading when I'm so tired my eyes cross.  zzzzzzzzzz

Happy knitting and if you are tossing things.. Happy Getting Organized Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..