"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Fill - in, Greener Shades Dyes, small knitting progress, and a day at ceramics

Friday Fill in.  Fun on the Run!

1. When we were young, we lived right on San Diego Bay - not the high priced end but it was a neat place, though a bit smelly!

2.In the evening we would head to the long sloping back yard, where the end of the bay came up to our clothes lines, and watch the sunset.

3. It'll be a memory that I'll always treasure.

4.Olympic National Forest is a place I always wanted to visit, but haven't yet.

5. When I'm sad I curl up in the comfy chair and watch Comedies on Netflix and knit; when I'm happy I knit more.

6.Cultural diversity is what I love most about my community.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to eating pizza and meeting later with my guildmates, tomorrow my plans include shopping for knitting kits, and then coming home and knitting a lot more on all my projects and Sunday, I want to go to an auction and look for pixel treasures!

 Greener Shades ... non toxic non heavy metal dyes for dyeing yarns.  They are from Still River Mill.  I'm going to have to try these.  Knit Picks has them.   Lookie HERE!

  Knitting progress:

The mitt took a lot of swatching to get the gauge right but it's is finally started; I wanted to show you how this colorway from Lorna's Laces is going to look.  I'm very pleased with it so far.  The sock of Sundara Iceberg, is a very lovely baby blue, but you've seen that already.  That second sock is also a little bit ahead of the mitt in the knitting, but only by fractions of an inch.  That's the beauty of Fran's 10 minutes a day rule, Folks!

Small progress but, "By Gore",  I am loving this colorway!

Flowers from the indoor garden and the outdoor garden.  The yellow Iris is the one that I was trying to take a picture of in 2006 when I tried to do an  "Ariel followed by a Tuck" out of the raised bed, tangled with two barrel cactus on the way down, flung my hand over my head, and broke my wrist in the finalé.  I promised DH I would never try my faulty gymnastic moves anywhere , ever again.

Newest African Violet, a complete innocent plant. 

The Wicked Bad Yellow Bi-color Bearded Iris.

Tomorrow will be Ceramics Saturday from now on.  I'm getting a little bit paranoid about Saturday Komeekz, at least until I can draw some decent ones of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..