"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Matinee - sort of - and Birding the garden but no bird photo.

A Verdin came into the garden.  I wouldn't have dared to take a picture, or move or breathe.   It was in a mixed flock of Gray Gnatcatchers and Bushtits flitting in and around all the plants.   I thought for a minute that I was going to go down for the count I held my breath so long .

It wasn't a life bird ( we have seen them in the desert) but this is really spectacular in a urbanized area.  I'm so stoked!  It landed on the tall Aeonium schwarzkopf, and picked little "somethings" off it.  Then my lovely visitor flitted away.  What a lovely tiny bird and a heart warming surprise. *Dances in the Kitchen*

Sunday Matinee, sort of.  For some reason that has not revealed itself to my conscious mind, I've become addicted to "Grey's Anatomy".  I have no idea why this has happened.  Maybe my aversion to blood is over for good, because I certainly don't give a dam about all the tangled sex lives of Interns.   I wish the producers had shown more of Seattle, because I used to want to move there.  Do any of you have strange addictions to TV series on Netflix?  Or anywhere else?  I'm not sure it's helping the knitting.

Glam shot...  This month, all the glorious Crepe Myrtle trees are in bloom.   I can't tell you how glad I am that cities have started using this little tree more and more in parking strips.  It's also turning up a lot along commercial properties and parking lots.  It's a lovely small tree.  Make it big and drink in the peace that flows off of such beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..