"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Fill-ins



1. When I was young I wanted to be an artist and paint landscapes and portraits.
2. Where the sea meets the land,  the sky meets the curve of the Earth, and where I met interesting looking people was where I would do this.
3. How does a child in poverty do such a thing?
4. Why didn't a GPA of 4.0 count for something?
5. Time heals all, and a family that loves me is what God knew I needed the very most to fulfill my life work, becoming a REAL human.
6. What if I'd gotten my first desires?  I would have missed becoming whole, my "missing piece" would have been gone forever.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making egg rolls and eating them with the kids and DH, tomorrow my plans include buying bee's wax at the farmer's market, and Sunday, I want to go look for a very special pocket knife at a flea market!

Monterey Farmer's Market snaps:

Organic veggie seller:


Every one of these peppers and veggies was perfect.

Beautiful potted plant booth.

This is the best booth of plant sellers I've seen.  Truly a lovely display.




Dahlia seller's booth:

Make this big and bury yourself in the beauty.

I can't get enough of Sunflowers.  They are really beautiful.



The Kitting Report:

I have the whole Noro sweater knit, all but the three rows of the collar.  The collar is a simple thing  - simple yes, but easy, "no!"  With very sore hands I am trying hard to pick up 86 stitches on each of two lapels - either side of the live stitches from the back.  The next tool to try is the crochet hook.  I'll let you know how that goes.  It has GOT to be easier.

Meanwhile, I've have been making sock monkeys, which I'll show you soon.  Very Fun!

Today, DH and I had lunch with an old friend from Sewing World days.  She and her sister came down from her sister's ranch, and we had brunch long the Harbor.  Now, after a whopping long, and fun, chin wag, I'm resting and sewing a sock monkey tail.

Hope you've had good days that aren't too hot.  Yikes! It's really been broiling in SoCal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..