"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tails, and the woman who stole back her own bicycle.

We apparently have a bi-lingual dog.  Shocker!


I found out by accident when I was playing around with commands in French and in Spanish when his back was to me.  Poor little fellow must have learned to obey commands made in Spanish, and no wonder he was described as a "timid little dog" on the web site.   They just didn't speak his language!

He may also have been taught to not bark because it took him a week and a half to let out a peep when someone came to our door.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Señor Lobito:

For Kwizgiver, who likes dog tongues, as do I!
And, I thought you might like to see this story about an intrepid woman who stole back her stolen bike.  DH sent it to me and it's so good it must be shared.

WonderWoman Strikes Back  

The story is from GrindTV's site.   Take note of how carefully she made sure she was going to be safe!

4 comments:

  1. I love this story!
    So, what commands does Wolfie obey in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi k! Glad you liked it. This was SO fun to find out! But, apparently, it's not all that uncommon in SoCal for a dog to be trained in Spanish.

      To answer your question, Wolfie and I were resting on the bed, and he was laying at a distance, with his back to me. I decided to try out a few odd words, and said, "Venga!" and he ran across the bed to to me! Later on, when he had his feet on the ground, I started out with "Venga" and then "Sientese". He came over but didn't sit. Then I said "Sentate", and he sat.

      I'm going to try to learn more commands, since I'd never heard anything but "Venga", said to a child. Sit? Stay? roll over? hehe. "Stay!" is "Quetate!" in Spanish. I'll try the whole series tomorrow after we've both had a rest up from this Monster mad, crazy MAD day. Tomorrow I take him to the vet for his shots, so I'll pamper him with a lot of resting and watching Netflix together.

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that your dog understands Spanish. I'm pretty sure my cat doesn't even understand English!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing he doesn't seem to pay attention to is English! This is a couple of months after you posted but I wanted to update it to today, the day after our little monster decided that a little girl was too close to me. Well, long story short, standing upright, I pulled him right up to my face and said, "Do you really want to die?" as he dangled from the leash. It seems the gym has given me some nice biceps, enough to lift 16.5 pounds off the ground to my face for a "what for".

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..