"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, October 28, 2013

They say it's your Birthday.. Sunday stealing...bit of catch up

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.
Let's go!!!





This comes from the old Saturday 8 blog which is defunct and removed.  But it's almost my birthday so here we go:

1. as you get older, are you jazzed about your birthday?  I marvel that another year shot by the windows of my life without any effort on my part.  I never expected to live past 53.

2. do people usually remember your birthday?  Yes, a few people do, mostly my closest friends and family- daughters, sister,and Hubby.  The Ceramic Club friends.  It's OK.  It's enough.

3. an ex-coworker used to begin 3 mos. before her birthday flat-out reminding us that it was coming up. it's amazing what no self-esteem does for you. anyway, do you know anyone who pre-announces their birthdays?   No,but I think that I will always try to remember as many birthdays as possible because it  seems to make people happy just to be thought of in this easy and, to be honest, very kind way of acknowledging their existence.

4. what was your best birthday? why?  My birthdays were always very difficult because they were so close to Christmas that I felt they were an obstacle in the preparations for it.  The DD's were unhappy that, one year, I said let's just forget about my birthday, it's such a hassle!  They wouldn't hear of it.  They made me celebrate it,  and it was very touching.  I'd say that was the best birthday ever.  

5. what was your worst birthday? why? My worst birthday was my eighteenth.  This was because my dysfunctional family forgot all about it.  So, seeing this, I took my dog Shadow to the mountains and spent all day there with him, hiking the trails.  Actually it turned out to be a pretty day and we got lots of good exercise.  I packed a lunch for us, and we went to Oak Glen which is a beautiful little mountain town, and didn't come home until after dark!

6. name your best birthday gift.  It was a lovely Moss Rose tea  set my mother gave me on my 13th birthday.  It was a full tea set.  Wish I still had it. I honestly don't kmow how she could have afforded it. 


7. name the best birthday gift you've gotten for someone else.   Bicycles for our two first daughters.  These bikes had banana seats and high handle bars with tassles.  But, actually the best might have been MacGarlica, their Wonder HorseThey "fed" him - tufts of grass and weeds - so he got a little garlic smell if you sniffed his "breath".  They named him that because of the smell.


8. as i age, i value SLEEP as a priceless commodity. i didn't get any for my birthday, however. what do you want this year for your birthday?  I would love to have a BIG Christmas themed Party for my whole family.  That's all I want.  It would be the Best Party ever!   We could meet up and camp out over Christmas.  We could talk, laugh and cook and just go looking around the desert for whatever. 

Good night now.  I'm pretty much well now and will try to catch up on the rest of the trip as well as anything else that strikes my fancy.  No pics this time because this is the net book with it's teensy brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..