"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Ravelry bars for your blog. Here's how. More of the Trip photos, too.

Thanks to a daring and wonderful blogger who posted this fix in Ravelry, I can now get my bars to progress as I knit more on the projects that are up at Ravelry.  You will have to look way WAY down the side bar for them, if you are interested. 

Here's how it's done:

Go HERE.

Take both bits of code... copy them BOTH into a widget sidebar thing.... the same widget thinga, one right after the other, not two separate ones, and  Voila!  Bingo!  Hallalujah!  There they are.

Now you'll have to go update all of your projects at Rav, but that's the easy part.   Since I'm not knitting anymore for awhile, mine won't move at all. 

The Trip goes on:

Tiny heart shaped stone.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It really is tiny - about 3/4th of an inch across and really does look like a heart. 

I stepped out of the Bounder, and there it was, between my feet. 
I prettied up the snap by removing some neon crocs from it, but isn't it lovely?

This was at the middle camp, before we had to move out onto the streets for a few nights.  If you ever see campers parked on your street overnight, you can blame state park regulations that push people out of parks after seven days.
Gone are the days when your family could glory in three whole weeks somewhere, tent camping and having a grand old time, hiking, fishing, eating, after which they would arrive back home sunburnt and fairly well rested, hair streaked with  blond highlights, etc., etc..  They don't do this in Tuscany!  But, I digress...


Little Tents, all set up and ready to test out some new equipage.
DD's had bought new sleeping bags and inflatable mats
We sat by the fire (and I fought off hypothermia) until nearly 10 pm.  They stayed out there another hour.  The dog and I retreated to snuggle under  two comforters and five fleeces that comprised our indoor sleeping arrangements.   Traveling in style, even with an ice chest, is the only way I can "get out there" anymore.  DH and the DDs hiked the next day while I read this:

Not the Leaf, though it is pretty, but the book.

I also bagged my first ever Townsend's Warbler (sighting).  Yay me!

Here are some tiny beauties to encourage you to look at rocks when you are out and about.  These are from a small collection that remind me to put my head down and look at the ground from time to time.
All these beauties reside in flower pots of succulents somewhere in Santa Cruz.  In the middle, see that little agate under the Red Jasper?
Packing up the next day:

Yep, all that stuff went into little bitty bags.  Modern tents are so cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..