"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday bits and pieces + Environmental Action takes on Smuckers and their GMO jammies. First White Crowned Sparrow

That would have sounded more Modern Media-like if I could have said, "IN" their GMO jammies, but alas, the formatting bits to do cross outs don't go as far up as the titles.

Read About it HERE
Environmental Action organized the first Earth Day.  That is Long term activism, eh?  I intend to put some bucks in their pockets.

Today we went to the Gym, I did pliés in all foot positions, three sets with ball rolling and, lord help me, some flies or something for the abs.  Everything is screaming but I got an A**kicking work out when all was done.  I think I'm keeping my trainer because she has shown me how to regain some of my grace in motion.  Don't get me wrong, I loved being a Marine, but now I want to be a Ballerina again!

We dug out some more Christmas doodads and hopefully will get things up and running tomorrow and the next day.  We watched two movies tonight.  "Into the White".  It's a Norwegian movie about when England and Germany were fighting over the resources in Norway.  If you watch this, remember it is a guy film but don't let that stop you.  I can't tell you very much about it or I'd give it away.  But if you feel dread it's justified, not from the five people who find themselves together in a hunter's cabin out in the middle of nowhere but from another source.  It is based on real events.  Bittersweet.

We also watched a Christmas movie that (now at the top of my "A" list) is sort of a thriller.  It is called "The Perfect Day".   It is the story about a man who writes a very personal first novel that shoots up from the floor to the top of the best seller lists and what happens to himself and his sweet family.   I love a good story with a little bit of seemingly magical things that happen as the days go on.  It's a bit scary for kids, or old ladies with heart conditions who nod their heads sagely at the dialog.

Bird report:  We now have a juvenile white crown in the Cape Honeysuckle tree.  I was thrilled!  The rest of the flock can't be very far behind.

Well, that's the day!  I've got some coupons lined up for the weekend!  You betcha!  Have a good weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..