"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Going "Naked" into the Fray.....

I've done my best with this.  It's quite personal, and, like many, I have a problem being too transparent.


Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection Meme
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.



Let's go!!!

Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection Meme

From the archives!

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
DH's mother is going to be ok.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Coming to terms with how short life is.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Opening up my mind and heart to the true reality.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Health findings and hands wearing out!

5. Pick three words to describe 2013.
 This year for me was Spiritual, Evolutionary, and Calming. 

6. What were the best books you read this year? 
Probably Donna Leon's two new books as well as most of the others that I finished this year.  I don't have much time to read, so I really pick books with great care.

7. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My DH and my daughters, my sister, and my many friends all over the place.   I'm much blessed by friends and family members.

8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
I've accepted things about the way my mind works that I cannot wish away or change.

9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I have control over my emotional state. 

10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I've accepted my path in life and now rejoice in it.

11. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
I've grown stronger thanks to the help of  PTs

12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
See 9 and10.

13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work?
Results!

14. What was the most challenging part of your work?
Staying focused.

15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
I'd say the time waster(s) were anxiety and needless worrying.

16. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
The best use of my time came in working out, getting rid of unneeded possessions, loving DH and our daughters, loving our extended family, wonderful friends, Wolfie, as well as taking time for writing, and reading.

17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
I just might have a shot at being a Real Human Being.  We'll see.

18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you.
Enlightenment sometimes comes before you are ready to receive it.

11 comments:

  1. Enlightenment is a beautiful thing! Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that. I'm about to take off the learner's wheels. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds to me like you already are a real human being. Best wishes to you for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind to say so. It's like I finally opened that other, scary, door, and there is so much in the other room! Best Wishes for you in the new year, too.

      Delete
  3. I like your answer to #16--I'll have to do that more (just substitute daughters for son :) ). It seems you grew a lot in ways I need to, such as accepting that you can't control things and about realizing how short life is. It's something I'm still learning and need to work on.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lia, thanks for your comment. Living in this modern world has created the illusion that we have control of our destiny, and really, random happenstance should be given the credit for what we "make the most of" to build our lives. Faith and Hope keep us wobbling in our orbits, eh?

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you feel like you've come out ahead and in a better place. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Stacy. I hope you have a terrific year!

      In truth, I feel like a toss of the dice got 2013 out of here with good marks. I fear that 2014 may not be as lucky. See answer 1. That is really a crunch point. My own Mom died thirty years ago in December two weeks after her 64th. You never stop missing them.

      Delete
  5. I love your answer to #7--I've grown closer to my friends and family this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kwizgiver. :) It's wonderful that you have strengthened those bonds. Keep 'em close. You have so many sisters! I envy you!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..