"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday tails: Wolfie, 1, knitting, Nil; Some little revelations and opinions re: Just about everything

This is being written earlier in the preceding day, Monday, for publishing on Tuesday.

The little Wolf's Vet visit went well.  His eye is still not putting out enough tears, but what looked like a cataract was the eye protecting itself from the dryness with a cloudy film.  He has a severely dry left eye. 

Wolfie is feeling better because his vet took all the gunk out of his eye, medicated it a bit and tested for tear output.  She found that it's actually gone down, which isn't so good.  Mon Dieu! 

The medicines are so high cost that I've given up, forever, in having another dog because if two of them - and the other dog would be a ShiPoo rescue for certain - were to fall ill we couldn't afford the care.  It's hard enough as it is.  Actually, I am going to go to the web to buy the medications if it is to be a long term thing.

We got back about 45 minutes ago.  The traffic wasn't too bad but there was a retaining wall down along the small, mountainy road we take to get to over the hill to the clinics.  Sadly, it brought down part of someone's house with it.  It's been so dry here lately that it seems odd for a concrete wall to collapse like that.  Usually they will give way when it's been raining for a long time.  Then again, a hillside always has soil creep, and that might be the cause.  Anyway, it  was pretty spectacular.

We stopped off at the park to let the doggie walk a little, and it was freezing.   I just collected a few twigs for paint roller snowman arms and beat a hasty retreat back to the comfort of the Jeep so as to warm up.  Once the sun goes down around here, it starts into frigid ranges-by Californian standards.  65°F.  Ok, now all of you can laugh.  ;o)

Knitting, and my hands: 
IMAGE Source


(Wouldn't we get a lot of knitting done with hands like these?  Think of the tiny crafts we could make!)

I tried to pin in the other sleeve the last couple of days  but the left thumb has decided that it does not want to behave.  It is so sore that I'm trying to retrain the hands to have the right thumb bang down on the space bar of the computer.  After 63 years of using the left thumb for the space bar, the brain doesn't get it.  Maybe a brain transplant?  I got my first typewriter when I was 8 years old or so, for my Birthday.  It's what I wanted.  I meant to be a writer for a newspaper.  Well, that didn't work out now, did it?

To cheer myself up, I remember that Downton Abby, Season 4 is coming tomorrow in the mail.  And, I am going to entertain my brain by  watching  the prequel*  to Morse Mysteries tonight, which I like very much!

ATT and Verizon are trying to squeeze Netflix to get at some of it's profits.  Never mind that they themselves are already charging an arm and a leg to run High Speed Internet to houses, they also want to hack their way into Netflix profits.  It's time to switch to cable.  Why pay for DSL from those two behemoths if they are just going to suck the life out of Netflix,   I ask you?!

Vandals leave big footprints, So... Fie upon thee, Ma Bell - you Restructured Fracture; and fie to thee as well, Verizon, you Venal Witch.
An Internet Vandal's sneaky feet - Stinky, too!


Midst Other NO less Odious Things....
Just doing my bit to help keep the Internet FREE!  Go Cruzio!  You Rock!

* I slept through the prequel.  

4 comments:

  1. Your poor puppy...man, animals can get expensive. I have a 14 year old Blue Heeler that has horrible teeth since she was a little puppy. It's a $200 cleaning every year. And hahahahahaha for 65* being frigid... It has been in the low teens and some single digits at night. I am ready to say that 65* is frigid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cristy, We also had a dog, a five pounder, who had extra teeth and a lot of them that had to be pulled when he was a tiny puppy, 8 months, and he also had bad teeth his whole life. It's a good thing pets seem to ignore things like that instead of worrying about it all like a child would. Bless the Beasts and the Children, eh? And yes, I thought you all in the deep freeze would appreciate the "frigid" weather we all are having out here in Southern California, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO NO NO spoilers on Downton Abby! :) Shhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely NO spoilers. OK, no more will I mention or even whisper D word news. Gotcha... shhhhhhhhhhh :-)

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..