"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 24, 2014

Dare: Friday Five Word for this Day...

Friday Five Minutes.....  Dare!  Sorry this was supposed to post at midnight but obviously I booboo'd.

Dare is supposed to be about superlative Courage.  What it says to me is that anyone who wakes up and puts their feet on the floor and walks into the day of a life that is so difficult that they can hardly breathe, are daring the day that it won't defeat them, and it will not be the last day they dare to do this thing over and over until it doesn't hurt so much.

Daring all odds, there are people who live their lives this way for decades, as they believe that "this too, shall pass".  You have to dare to believe this even in the face of crushing pain and depression from loss of love, status, physical ability or any other loss that is suffered by a human.

My best teacher in this have been my pet dogs.  They do not give up until the very last ounce of strength leaves their bodies.  They go on as happy as they could be just because you are there with them to play, or give a treat or pat them on the head and say "Good Girl!" or "Good Boy!" just one more time.  Jazzie played up until the morning of the day he died.



I don't dare talk about this anymore because it makes me too sad.


6 comments:

  1. I love your description of dare. I have felt this way quite a bit in the past few months...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, yes you have. You are always close in my thoughts. May you know there are many hundreds who are with you during these times, and who care deeply.

      Delete
  2. I think you are right. Courage is an important word to consider when we talk about "dare". You are right, many people are daring that the day won't defeat them when they get out of bed. I really like your description and it reminds me how very blessed I am. Thank you! Visiting from FMF right behind you! Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne, Thanks for the visit from FMF, and your thoughtful comments. Sorry for the late reply. Life got hectic as is sometimes does.*tears out hair* I'm coming to read your post,now. Thursdays usually my catch up day.

      Delete
  3. Great post. I found it very inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings iwillbloom, and thank you! I think I've read your blog in the past, and enjoyed it, as I remember your lovely and positive blog name. See you in a bit!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..