"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday5 and Goodbye to Friday Five Minutes meme.

I had some computer troubles so this is late.....

Also, I will be doing only the friday5 meme from now on.  Since I like Friday Five Minutes meme, and like the idea of a "prompt" word to write five, glorious untrammeled minutes upon,  I'll only be writing in accordance to the rules of Five Minute Friday.  Let's just say I like the idea of this exercise, and do like much of the writing there, but I don't really feel like I fit there.

That being said, I'll go on with friday5 this week, and may pick up the prompt word at Friday Five Minutes but it's a big maybe.  Maybe I'll pull a Ted Talks word and write five minutes about that.

Speaking of Ted Talks, there is a talk, maybe the third in the series of "Ted Talks: Smart Laughs", that is so lovely and touching that I recommend highly that you watch it.  The first and second are good as well, the second being truly a hilarious spoof on "coincidences".  Absolutely a screamer!

The PAGE that tells how the song in the video below was conceived.

friday5:

Friday 5 for March 27: Without Lamps, There’d Be No Light

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
One of my favorite movies of all time celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, and I had the pleasure to see it on the big screen for the first time Thursday evening. I was sixteen when it came out (yes; I’m 46), and too young to see it in theaters then, so although I’ve seen it on cable and DVD at least fifty times, this experience was a first, and it was incredible. So this week’s questions are inspired by that film.

1. When you were seventeen, how did you spend most of your Saturdays?  In summer, I did carpentry with my younger brother and the paternal unit.  School days, my Saturdays were spent watching over my kid sister while Mom went grocery shopping, and doing the ironing.  I studied a LOT, and then were my chores.  I did all the dish washing in the family.  Time of my own, I read or took long walks with my dog, Shadow.  We lived in the country, on the edge of a little foothills town, so it was fun.

2. What was your high school locker like?  It looked like a regular locker, only we had actual LOCKS on them in those days.  I'm not sure if they still allow them to have combination locks anymore.

3. When did you last have to replace a missing screw?  A few months ago I had to replace the screw in my eyeglasses.  Most things we have around here don't lose parts. Or else the Handyman, Mr. Z, replaces them.

4. What was the last thing you drank out of a Thermos?  It was so long ago that it's beyond remembrance!

5. Do you still possess anything you created in high school (say, an elephant lamp that lights up when you pull the trunk)?   Not a thing.  I graduated 55 years ago.  My paintings have all gone, most of them destroyed by a wrathful parent.  Such is life.  Be happy!

Oh I just found out about someone called Ze Frank.  This is so incredibly sweet! It's called "The Chill Out Song"  It's in the Ted Talk linked above, but I think this is JUST the song.  I hope anyway.
HERE is the page that tells how this little song came about.




THIS version screams at you at the end, like fifty steam engines letting out air right at the end!  If it does, I'll try to clip it!

Thanks for participating, and don’t you forget about me this weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..