"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Tails. Wolfie may be showing his age, whatever it is. and Oh God, no knitting still????

Knitting:  Well, I have decided to just get it out and hold the needles.  And, I actually like the Velocity needle very much!  In case you were wondering, it's probably as good as the Skacels or how ever you spell it.  Addi's anyway...... sigh...... I mist knit!

He's still a loyal little pack member who loves to go with us.  But he's slowing down.  We've had him now since October of 2009, five months after Jazzie died in my arms.

The pound vets estimated he was five years old, and our vet said that he was more like three years. Wanting to be optimistic, I, of course, chose to believe our vet.  Since Wolfie doesn't have the silvery muzzle yet, nor any other signs of aging usually shown by hair color, it's hard to figure out.  But he's slower to want to do anything but happily lay in his cuddler, or on the bed in the mornings with me, or at night with Mr. Z when I sit here updating the blog.   As all dog owner's know, the highlights of any pet dog are play time, meal times, and treat times.  In these activities, he's still extremely devoted to maintaining protocols and shows amazing devotion to.


Waiting for the Alpha Male
Wolfie's "beard" is Golden colored.
I haven't been knitting at all.   And someday, I'll learn to keep my fingers out of the photos!

The new header is a Rhodie from the garden my friend volunteers at.  He generously offered the use of his photos.  I'll probably never see another Rhododendron in bloom because we go up to San Francisco too late in the year.  I'm grateful for the the photos!

But, I will be able to buy more peace bells to keep me calmed down enough to work on crafts, an activity that has gone beyond "Doctor's Orders" status.   This is the one we bought years ago at the botanical gardens in San Francisco:

It now hangs inside on my bedside lamp.
I can ring it late at night when I'm seriously stressed
and it calms me down enough to sleep.  I used to be a very calm person but now it takes a lot to stay out of my tree, feet flat on the ground.  It has to be global climate change.  I blame it on that.  
*note to self:  Go ring the Peace Bell.*

Keep it beautiful in your little corners of the earth.  And think of all the others who struggle to do the same.  Play with the kids.  Snuggle with the DH and the little cat or dog.  Make their world Peaceful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..