"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, April 3, 2015

We're in it California......Mandatory Water restrictions time table... It's long overdue.

It makes me wonder why, too.


I don't see how three ten minute periods of sprinkling a week will keep a tree alive.  That said, I'm going to do my very best.  We got rid of a lawn years ago.

I'm going to try to water my three biggest plants with with harvested shower and bath water on the days off, with a drip system that is made by poking one small hole in both the lid and the bottom of jugs and sitting them a little ways out from the trunks.  Hot needles - discarded sewing machine needles - do this job perfectly.  This is not so pretty but it's effective.

I learned this trick working at the Audubon booth at the County Fair one year before the 1985-91 drought hit.

Fellow Californians, I feel your pain.  Now I think I'll just go knit a little on the sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..